Ainsworth, Thomas H. III
Address: 701 East Morehead Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
Lawyer Firm: Downer, Walters & Mitchener, P.A.
|Areas of Practice||Personal Injury, Insurance, Mediation, Professional Malpractice, Misdemeanor Criminal|
Born in Bryn Mawr, PA, June 11, 1953, and raised in suburban Philadelphia, Mr. Ainsworth graduated from The Haverford School, Haverford, PA, in 1971. He attended Davidson College, Davidson, NC, and graduated in 1975 with a B.S. in pre-medicine. He then enrolled in the Program in Medical Sciences (PIMS) at Florida State University from 1975-1977, which taught the equivalent of a first year medical school curriculum. He then entered Wake Forest University School of Law in 1977, graduating from Wake Forest Law School with a J.D. degree in 1980.
He passed the North Carolina Bar in1981, and after briefly working for Harrison Publishing Company in Norcross, GA, from 1981-1983 as a legal editor, he has been in private practice in Charlotte, NC, since 1983 and has specialized in personal injury litigation since 1987. He is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), the Mecklenburg Bar Association, the Mecklenburg Trial Lawyers Association, and the North Carolina Bar Association. He is a Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization of trial lawyers who have achieved a trial verdict, award or settlement of at least One Million Dollars, having litigated two such cases fulfilling that requirement. He has authored several books and CLE articles, and has participated in many CLE seminars on North Carolina personal injury law.
He was an Advisory Council member of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Charlotte, a Salvation Army organization, as well as having been an Advisory Board member of the Leading the Way Program Alumni Association of the United Way of Central Carolinas. He is a member of the Executive Church Council of St. Luke’s Lutheran Church.
He has one child, daughter Rachel Ainsworth, who is a doctoral candidate in history at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, England. His hobbies include the involvement in Revolutionary War re-enacting as part of the 6th NC Regiment, golf, cooking, reading, world travel, crossword puzzles, scuba diving, and trivia competitions.
Other lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stafford, Troy J. - 7 views
- Nodar, Danielle - 8 views
- Backus, Austin - 2 views
- Dixon, Ronard Jr. - 4 views
- Wallace, Tamela T. - 1 views
- Acton, William D. Jr. (Bill Acton) - 0 views
- Cacheris, John J. - 5 views
- Tyson, Bryan L. - 4 views
- Spyker, Jennifer Diane - 0 views
- Nunn, Daniel McPherson - 6 views
Popular lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Spears, Harold Craig - 12 views
- Molner, Colleen F. - 11 views
- McCarthy, Brandon T. - 7 views
- Angles, Erika N. - 29 views
- Godfrey, Lisa G. - 9 views
- Ainsworth, Thomas H. III - 8 views
- Mitchener, Victor C. - 7 views
- Jackson, Gary W. - 8 views
- Fuller, Ms. Megan - 8 views
- Barnett, Kevin L. - 13 views
Most rated lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Ayers, Christian Ross - 1 votes
- Havelka, Paulina - 0 votes
- Loebsack, Christopher J. - 0 votes
- Clary, Kathleen C. - 0 votes
- Kearney, Stephen Watts - 0 votes
- Acton, William D. Jr. (Bill Acton) - 0 votes
- Primiano, Toni - 0 votes
- Toledo-Hermina, Mariana - 0 votes
- Jackson, Gary W. - 0 votes
- Skufca, Ronald A. - 0 votes