Baker, Gregg S.
Address: 140 Grand Street, White Plains, NY 10601
Lawyer Firm: Yankwitt LLP
|Areas of Practice||Commercial and Residential Real Estate, Zoning and Land Use, Landlord/Tenant, Homeowners Association, Condominium and Cooperative Corporation Matters, Real Estate Litigation|
Gregg S. Baker is Of Counsel to Yankwitt LLP. Upon receiving his law degree from Fordham University School of Law in 1988, Gregg cut his teeth on a broad real estate practice at a prominent Westchester County firm. Gregg was then recruited to join the zoning and land use team at another prominent local firm before founding his own firm in 1999. Gregg’s firm has since expanded to become Corrigan, Baker & Levine, LLC.
Gregg has successfully handled hundreds of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including sales, acquisitions, financing and 1031 like-kind exchanges. These transactions have involved a wide variety of properties, including an apartment building, a retail shopping center, and a major office building.
In addition, Gregg is a seasoned zoning attorney, having represented developers throughout Westchester and the surrounding counties with respect to complex residential, commercial, industrial, religious, educational and mixed-use developments. He has successfully handled all types of zoning applications, including subdivisions, site plans, variances, zoning amendments, special use permits and environmental permits. As special counsel to the City of Yonkers, Gregg assisted with the City’s formation of a new Zoning Ordinance and Master Plan in 1998.
Gregg also has extensive experience in landlord/tenant matters, including commercial, retail and residential leasing and subleasing, as well as successfully handling eviction proceedings in virtually every local municipal court.
Gregg is very well-versed in all matters involving homeowners associations, condominiums and cooperative corporations. He is general counsel to several such organizations and has also drafted and filed numerous offering plans for Sponsors.
Gregg is also very experienced in real estate litigation, at both the trial and appellate levels. He has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous cases, including property disputes, mortgage foreclosures, zoning violations, Article 78 proceedings and adverse possession claims. Examples of particular note include:
Successfully defending a Manhattan cooperative corporation with respect to a shareholder’s challenge to its flip tax.Defeating an Article 78 proceeding in which the petitioner sought to block a property owner’s development of multiple parcels under the esoteric law of “merger”, which case Gregg successfully argued before the Appellate Division.
Gregg lives in White Plains, New York with his wife and two children.
Update Baker, Gregg S. information | View Google Map
Other lawyers in White Plains, New York
- Klein, Esq., Diane L. - 9 views
- Rosoff, David M. - 4 views
- Pappalardo, John A. - 2 views
- Jaitly, Pooja S. - 3 views
- Longobucco, Pat - 8 views
- Finger, Daniel S. Esq. - 7 views
- Mangold, Christopher L. - 6 views
- Finger, Kenneth J. Esq. - 2 views
- Gash, Esq., Gary Mitchel - 3 views
- Perez-Faringer, Esq., Gunilla - 3 views
Popular lawyers in White Plains, New York
- Stolzenberg, Howard B. - 8 views
- Sesti, Robert A. - 15 views
- Hersh, Jeffrey L. - 9 views
- Silbowitz, Esq., Irwin M. - 7 views
- Ackerman, Peter - 7 views
- Klein, Esq., Diane L. - 9 views
- Killerlane, Christina M. Esq. - 9 views
- Hamerman, Dina L. - 7 views
- Cortelli, Terrence James - 7 views
- Baker, Gregg S. - 9 views
Most rated lawyers in White Plains, New York
- Sapir, Donald L. - 0 votes
- Magnusson, Guy M Esq. - 0 votes
- Hersh, Jeffrey L. - 0 votes
- Dursi, Joseph F. - 0 votes
- Darian, Pouyan - 0 votes
- Moscow, Ann L. - 0 votes
- Dougherty, Eugene R. - 0 votes
- Stone, Scott - 0 votes
- Finger, Kenneth J. Esq. - 0 votes
- Baker, Gregg S. - 0 votes