Benson, Andrew Cronin
Address: 19 South La Salle Street Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60603
Lawyer Firm: The Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd.
|Areas of Practice||Family Law, Criminal Law|
|Description||Andrew Benson was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. He attended Georgetown University, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in History and Classical Studies.
Upon graduating, Andrew returned to Chicago to attend the Loyola University Chicago School of Law. Andrew graduated from law school in 2012, where he was awarded his Juris Doctor with a concentration in Trial Advocacy. Andrew received a CALI award for earning the highest grade in Advanced Trial Advocacy with Courtroom Technology and made the Dean’s List for his noteworthy academic performance.
While in law school, Andrew served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Dennis J. Burke in the Circuit Court of Cook County. After his summer with Judge Burke, Andrew interned with the Cook County Public Defender’s Office in the Forensic Science Division and Homicide Task Force, where he tried his first murder case.
After graduating from law school, Andrew moved to Florida to begin his legal career. Andrew took a position with the Office of the Public Defender for the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit (Palm Beach County). During Andrew’s five years with the Office of the Public Defender, he defended over 3,000 defendants in all aspects of trial litigation. Andrew tried over forty cases on behalf of clients charged with domestic assault/battery, violations of orders of protection, driving under the influence, murder, possession and sale of controlled substances, sexual offenses and other serious felony and misdemeanor offenses.
After leaving the Office of the Public Defender for the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, Andrew joined the Law Offices of Jeffery M. Leving, Ltd., where he practices matrimonial and family law at the highest level.
• Elderly client accused of two counts of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon was found not guilty in a jury trial. Andrew convinced the jury that his client was acting in self-defense when he stabbed his wife and grandson.• Client accused of domestic battery was found not guilty in a jury trial. Andrew convinced the jury that the charges were fabricated by the alleged victim, who was under the influence of alcohol and narcotics.• Client accused by a family member of domestic battery was found not guilty in a non-jury trial. Andrew convinced the judge that his client was acting in self-defense.• Client accused by his girlfriend of domestic battery was found not guilty in a non-jury trial. Andrew convinced the judge that the charges with fabricated due to jealousy.• Client accused by spouse of domestic battery was found not guilty in a non-jury trial. Andrew convinced the judge that his client was the victim of multiple prior batteries and was acting in self-defense.• Client accused of violating an injunction was found not guilty in a non-jury trial. Andrew convinced the judge that his client’s girlfriend fabricated the charges to gain advantage in a custody dispute.• Client accused of first degree murder with a firearm had his confession suppressed after Andrew convinced the judge that the interrogating detectives violated his client’s right to counsel and right to silence.• Client accused of burglary while armed with a firearm and grand theft from a dwelling had his charges dismissed after Andrew convinced the judge that the prosecutor failed to present enough evidence to reach the jury.• Client accused of driving under the influence had her charges dismissed after Andrew convinced the judge that the arresting officer had no reasonable suspicion to stop his client’s car.• Client accused of sale of heroin was found not guilty in a jury trial. Andrew convinced the jury that his client was the victim of a false identification.
Other lawyers in Chicago, Illinois
- Koziol, Jaime A. - 5 views
- Patrick, Sean P. - 12 views
- Heckman , Andrea N. - 3 views
- Richards, Joshua S. M. - 6 views
- Hill, Jennifer M. - 18 views
- Kiehl, Monica J. - 11 views
- Kaplan, Arnold G. - 8 views
- Freeland, Kimberly - 25 views
- Kowalczyk Davidson, Marta - 1 views
- Scott, Carolyn Daley - 7 views
Popular lawyers in Chicago, Illinois
- Burke, Richard F. Jr. - 13 views
- Kumor, John Esq. - 13 views
- Chessick, Kenneth C. M.D. - 19 views
- Fowler, Philip J. - 23 views
- Pocari, Flavia - 13 views
- Herrera, Ruben - 29 views
- Citino, Maria A. - 13 views
- Timm, Jennifer - 16 views
- White, Timothy R. - 13 views
- Lacy, Maricarol - 14 views