Boyd, Robert D.
Address: 1776 S. Naperville Road Building B, Suite 202, Wheaton, IL 60189
Lawyer Firm: The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Collaborative Law, Mediation, Family Law, Appeals|
|Description||Mr. Boyd graduated from John Marshall Law School in 1975 and immediately began working for the DuPage County Public Defender’s Office where he remained as a felony trial attorney for 10 years. During that period of time, Mr. Boyd also established a successful family law practice. In 1995, Mr. Boyd joined The Stogsdill Law Firm, P.C. as a trial attorney specializing in complex financial matters and custody trials. He has tried more than 150 domestic relations cases involving issues of business valuations, complex financial structures and custody and modification of custody issues.
Thirty-five years of being an effective litigator and dogged proponent of his client’s interests has given Mr. Boyd a decided edge in effective settlement negotiations. Trial skills are often a deterrent to trials. To date, Mr. Boyd has negotiated settlements in cases involving everything from multi-million dollar estates to more nominal cases. Through the use of business experts and forensic accounting investigators, he has been effective in finding assets buried within layer upon layer of business structuring. Millions have been added to estates resulting in larger awards for his client.
Mr. Boyd has served as a delegate from DuPage County to the Illinois State Bar Association. He has also served on numerous committees for the DuPage County Bar Association including the professional responsibility committee, criminal law committee and in numerous capacities for the family law committee. He has served as an instructor and speaker at various seminars and symposiums held by the DuPage County Bar Association. Further, he is presently appointed to a committee overseeing the DuPage County Evaluation Program and has been appointed to sub committees involving rule changes to said program.
In his personal life, Mr. Boyd spent eight years as a division III assistant football coach at Elmhurst College. Married with one adult and three younger children, Mr. Boyd’s interests are largely centered around food – not just eating, but cooking and culinary classes as well.
Other lawyers in Wheaton, Illinois
- Stogsdill, William J. - 4 views
- Kwon, Jae K. - 5 views
- Carter, Andrew M. - 8 views
- Walsh, Edward J. - 6 views
- Smit, Justin M. - 9 views
- Cetina, Michael S. - 8 views
- Estes, Bryan S. - 7 views
- Millon, Kevin H. - 6 views
- Lloyd, Joshua D. - 5 views
- Mahoney, Timothy J - 7 views
Popular lawyers in Wheaton, Illinois
- Gutzke, John Dirk - 9 views
- O’Reilly, Molly M. - 6 views
- McLaughlin, Colleen M. - 10 views
- Mahoney, Timothy J - 7 views
- Barrientes,, Jesse V. Esq. - 17 views
- Wild, Hilary E. - 4 views
- O’Connor, Peter - 6 views
- Brundage, Stephen Allen - 7 views
- Kruse, Adam C. - 12 views
- Hsu, Stephen C. - 5 views
Most rated lawyers in Wheaton, Illinois
- McLaughlin, Colleen M. - 0 votes
- Tani, Christine K. - 0 votes
- Peskin, Mitchell Mark - 0 votes
- Corrigan, Barbara Ann - 0 votes
- Clark, David W. - 0 votes
- Iammartino, David A. - 0 votes
- Zaruba, Christopher J. - 0 votes
- Carter, Doris Adkins - 0 votes
- Fawell, Alex James - 0 votes
- Walsh, Edward J. - 0 votes