Address: 230 Pereida Street, San Antonio, TX 78210
Lawyer Firm: Bailey & Bailey, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Drafting, Filing and Defending Construction Claims, Preparation of Mechanic’s and Materialmen’s Liens, Contract Interpretation, General Business Litigation|
Chris Burwell is a young attorney with a quickly growing background in Texas construction law as well as Texas and Federal business litigation. Chris’s practice particularly focuses on drafting, filing and defending construction claims, preparation of mechanic’s and materialmen’s liens, contract interpretation, as well as general business litigation before the State and Federal Courts of Texas, the United States Court of Federal Claims and the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
Chris’s experience includes:
Advising clients, drafting and filing mechanic’s and materialmen’s lien under Texas property law, as well as notices and demand for payment to his clients;Prosecuting and defending contractor, subcontractors, as well as sureties in Miller and MacGregor Act matters;Handling and assisting clients in filing claims against government agencies and other causes of action in state and federal administrative boards;Participating in various forms of alternative dispute resolution, such as negotiations, mediations, and arbitration proceedings;Providing pre-trial and litigation assistance in construction law and contract litigations by preparing motions, briefs, and legal memoranda; taking and defending depositions and preparing witnesses for trial; managing discovery requests, responses and disputes, as well as translating between the legal and technical teams;Conducting corporation and non-corporate searches on Texas Secretary of State filings, Uniform Commercial Code filings and certificates of formations;Preparation and advice on Contract formation.
Chris attended Syracuse University on academic scholarships and graduated in 2006. He majored in government and politics and received his Bachelors, graduating magna cum laude, while participating in Utica’s local government club, the James Sherman Society, Student Congress and collegiate baseball. Chris attended St. Mary’s University, School of Law of which he received his Juris Doctor in May of 2009. During Law School, Chris participated in the First-Year moot court competition, the San Antonio Young Lawyers’ Association, and the Houston Young Lawyers’ Association.
On November 6, 2009, Chris was admitted as an attorney to the Bar of the State of Texas. Currently, Chris a member of the Texas State Bar, the U.S. Federal Court for the Western District of Texas, the U.S. Federal Court of Claims, as well as the U.S. Federal Court for the State of Florida. He is an active member of the Texas Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Texas Construction Law Association, as well as the Texas Young Lawyers’ Association.
Other lawyers in San Antonio, Texas
- Adkins, Angela Chavez - 2 views
- Bicklein, Royce V. - 1 views
- Benavides, Hector - 11 views
- Cavazos, Sylvia A. - 2 views
- Barrus, Stacey - 3 views
- Zachman, Kristin Elaine - 5 views
- Anderson, Jeffrey C. - 3 views
- Hakeem, Ali - 5 views
- Jones, Scott P. - 4 views
- Barrera, Mark J. - 1 views
Popular lawyers in San Antonio, Texas
- Graham, Cody Ryan - 17 views
- Garza, Andrea De La - 8 views
- Dossmann, Lisa - 8 views
- Groce, Erin L. - 8 views
- Hulett, Caroline L. - 9 views
- Perrin, James F. - 8 views
- Barrera Morales, Marissa - 9 views
- Carrillo, Rebecca J. - 8 views
- McKenney Gillette, Meagan - 11 views
- McGhee, Chance Michael - 12 views
Most rated lawyers in San Antonio, Texas
- Merced, Alexander M. - 0 votes
- McKenney Gillette, Meagan - 0 votes
- Whittenburg, Dustin Snow - 0 votes
- Rodriguez, Jessica - 0 votes
- McGhee, Chance Michael - 0 votes
- Ramirez, Michael I. - 0 votes
- Bassler, Thomas G. - 0 votes
- Teague, Carl Robin - 0 votes
- Garcia, Celia - 0 votes
- Nicholls, Joshua L. - 0 votes