Cannella, Tedra L.
Address: 2719 Buford Highway NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
Lawyer Firm: Butler Wooten & Peak LLP
|Areas of Practice||Personal Injury, Business Torts, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Breach of Trust, Wrongful Death, Vehicle Accidents, Negligence/Tort, Premises Liability, Trucking Cases, Products Liability, Nursing Home, Tire Defects|
TEDRA L. CANNELLA has a practice that focuses on products liability, breach of fiduciary duty, business torts, wrongful death, and trucking and automobile wrecks. She has helped her clients reach settlements and obtain verdicts totaling over $70 million.
Tedra was inspired to join the team at Butler Wooten & Peak LLP because she experienced first-hand the difficult challenges that personal injuries can bring for individuals and their families. While pursing her undergraduate degree at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, Tedra suffered serious burns in a house fire. Motivated by her subsequent volunteer work with young children who had survived serious burns, Tedra dedicated two years of service to Americorps after college. Through Americorps, Tedra worked at Legal Aid of Western Missouri and Atlanta Legal Aid on behalf of low-income individuals.
Tedra attended law school at the University of Georgia on scholarship, graduating magna cum laude. She held one of the three top positions on the Executive Board of the Georgia Law Review. She was also active in the Law School’s moot court program. In her second year, she participated in the competitive Intrastate Moot Court Competition, in which she and her team swept every award at the competition, including Best Oralist, Best Brief, and Best Team. These successes won her a spot on the Law School’s prestigious National Team during her third year. She also held leadership positions in the Student Bar Association during all three years of law school.
After law school, clerked for the Honorable Hugh Lawson, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court in the Middle District of Georgia.
Tedra volunteers her time for the Georgia Firefighters Burn Foundation in addition to several bar associations. She is on the board of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers and the American Constitution Society. She is also very active in the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. Tedra is honored have been named to the Georgia listing of Super Lawyers Rising Stars, an honor reserved for only 2.5% of Georgia lawyers. Ms. Cannella is rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, the leading national legal rating agency.
Other lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia
- Khismatulina, Dina - 2 views
- Jakes, Sydney - 3 views
- Spainhour, Kevin A. - 6 views
- Harsh, Megan Elaine - 2 views
- Spearman, Melissa M. - 3 views
- Ballard, William L. - 8 views
- Peters, Mary Donne - 2 views
- Novay, Kristen Wright - 7 views
- Clay, Charles L. Jr. - 3 views
- Thomas, Brandon - 11 views
Popular lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia
- Tyrone, Nelson O. III - 22 views
- Mabra, Ronnie E. Jr. Esq. - 26 views
- McLendon, Jason Michael - 15 views
- Geren, Lucas - 19 views
- Cleveland, Tiffany A. - 37 views
- Simcoe, Kathleen Woodruff - 18 views
- Loewenthal, Glenn - 21 views
- Hunter, Nigel H Esq. - 16 views
- Isenberg, Ryan L - 32 views
- Ichter, Cary - 16 views
Most rated lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia
- McGowan , Charlene Swartz - 0 votes
- Wright, Derek M. - 0 votes
- Anderson, Precious - 0 votes
- Berry, Kimberly - 0 votes
- Baer, Arthur Bryan - 0 votes
- Mull, Aynsley Harrow - 0 votes
- Hammers, Robert M. Jr. - 0 votes
- Harsh, Megan Elaine - 0 votes
- Weintraub, Howard J. - 0 votes
- Dougherty, Stephanie Dodson - 0 votes