Carter , Gary Jr.
Address: 1130 Saint Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130
Lawyer Firm: Frischhertz Poulliard Frischhertz & Impastato LLC
|Areas of Practice|
Gary Carter Jr. is the Louisiana State Representative for District 102, which encompasses the Algiers neighborhood of New Orleans.
Gary was born and raised in New Orleans, on the Westbank, in Algiers. Born to teenage parents, Gary’s grandparents helped raise him, and even though his parents were young, they surrounded him with family, raised him in the Church, and invested heavily in his education.
He attended St. Andrews the Apostle Elementary School and graduated from Archbishop Shaw High School. Gary then earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Xavier University, where he was President of the Political Science Club. He earned his law degree from Tulane Law School, with a certification in environmental law and where he argued onto the Tulane Moot Court Board.
Following law school, Gary practiced law at the prestigious McGlinchey Stafford law firm, specializing in products liability litigation. Gary then served as Senior Counsel for Entergy Corporation, the Fortune 500 Public Utility Company headquartered in New Orleans. Gary resigned from Entergy to run for elective office.
Gary joined Frischhertz, Poulliard, Frischhertz & Impastato as a trial lawyer advocating for the rights of those who have suffered injuries. Gary brings passion and dedication to his practice of law and is very pleased to be using his skills as an advocate and trial attorney to help those in need.
On October 24, 2015, Gary was elected to represent Algiers in the Louisiana Legislature, becoming just the second African-American to represent District 102. Following his election, his fellow legislators elected Gary to the powerful Appropriations Committee, which prepares and appropriates Louisiana’s $32 billion budget. Gary also serves on the Joint Legislative Committee on the Budget, the TOPS Task Force, the House & Governmental Affairs Committee, and the Judiciary Committee.
Other lawyers in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Graham, James A. - 2 views
- Frese, Shannon M. - 7 views
- Bowling, David A. - 1 views
- Bonin, R. Christian - 25 views
- Joyce, Lillie E. - 3 views
- Dittman, Stevan C. - 6 views
- Chiantella, Nathan M. - 27 views
- Bourne, Anysley B. - 7 views
- Haight, Trevor G. - 3 views
- Barriere, Jennifer E. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Impastato, Dominick F. III - 8 views
- Forstall, Warren A. Jr. - 14 views
- Crane, Gabriel - 10 views
- Schenck, Amanda Russo - 8 views
- Seelman, Richard L. - 8 views
- Jones, L. Blake - 9 views
- Gibbs, Craig E. - 8 views
- Berg, Claire E. - 12 views
- Cerise, Jonathan B. - 12 views
- Bonin, Alexandre E. - 29 views