Cassell, Paul G.
Address: 10 W. Broadway Suite 400, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Lawyer Firm: Hatch, James & Dodge, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Litigation, Business & Commercial Law|
Paul G. Cassell is Special Counsel to Hatch, James & Dodge and works in a consulting capacity on several cases each year where his diverse experience can be brought to bear. Cassell is currently a professor at the University of Utah S. J. Quinney College of Law, where he holds the Ronald N. Boyce Presidential Chair in Criminal Law. Before that, Cassell served as a U.S. District Court Judge for the District of Utah (2002-07), a law professor at the University of Utah (1992-2002, 2007 to present), an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia (1988-1991), an Associate Deputy Attorney General in the U.S. Department of Justice (1986-88), law clerk to Chief Justice Warren E. Burger of the U.S. Supreme Court (1985-86), and law clerk to then-Judge Antonin Scalia of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (1984-85). Cassell graduated from Stanford Law School in 1984 (Order of the Coif), where he served as President of the Stanford Law Review.
Mr. Cassell has extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts, having tried cases and argued appeals before judges around the country, including the Utah Supreme Court; the U.S. District for the District of Utah; the Courts of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, 2nd Circuit, 5th Circuit, 9th Circuit, and 10th Circuits; and United States Supreme Court. He is also the author of two books, numerous law review articles, and other publications.
Other lawyers in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Mull, David - 11 views
- Handy, Preston L. - 4 views
- Dodge, Gary A. - 8 views
- Sink, Jeremy C. - 7 views
- Walton, Sherri L. - 2 views
- Barger, Allison - 5 views
- James, Mark F. - 5 views
- Bitner, Kenneth M. - 5 views
- Fillmore, W. Jeffery - 6 views
- Rogers, Steven M. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Alba, Adam - 6 views
- Tomsic, Peggy A. - 7 views
- Terry, Richard C. - 9 views
- Arrington, Mark P. Ph. D. - 7 views
- Thornton, Mark B. - 9 views
- Jessop, Christopher G. - 6 views
- Phippen, Chelsey E. - 8 views
- Srisiri, Warunee Ph. D. - 6 views
- Handy, Garrett S. - 6 views
- Cassell, Paul G. - 10 views