Chernicoff, Robert E.
Address: 2320 North 2nd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110
Lawyer Firm: Cunningham, Chernicoff & Warshawsky, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Commercial and Business Bankruptcies, Personal Bankruptcies, Transactional, Tax Law, including tax collection, Business Law|
Robert E. Chernicoff has been in the private practice of law for approximately 36 years. Prior to entering private practice, he was an assistant attorney general with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and an assistant chief counsel for the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry. Mr. Chernicoff concentrates his practice in debtor/creditor relations, general business law and related areas.
Mr. Chernicoff has been actively involved in many of the complex Chapter 11 cases in the Middle District of Pennsylvania. He has represented both debtors, as well as creditors’ committees on a regular basis, resulting in numerous confirmed Chapter 11 Plans and sales. Mr. Chernicoff has been involved in various other activities involving bankruptcy proceedings including consumer bankruptcy cases and courts in several other districts. He has been appointed as a Receiver by the Dauphin County Court for a large real estate project after an extensive bond default occurred. He successfully negotiated a large lease and refinance for the project which resulted in all bondholders being paid.
Mr. Chernicoff has lectured extensively for various groups including Widener University School of Law, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the Middle District Bankruptcy Bar Association on various subjects including counseling small business, bankruptcy and related matters. Mr. Chernicoff also practices before the United States Tax Court and various other federal courts as to non-bankruptcy matters, including tax collections. He is on the board of the Dauphin County Bar Association and is chairman of its Bankruptcy section. He was previously on the United States Middle District Bankruptcy Court Advisory Committee and its Rules Committee.
Mr. Chernicoff is actively involved in various civic functions. He has been a board member and president of a local country club. He has been on other boards of various types and has held many offices. He actively supports various civic organizations and charities throughout the Harrisburg area and is an officer of several youth baseball associations.
Other lawyers in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Beckley, Thomas A. - 3 views
- Weinstock, Jason M. - 0 views
- Julius, Chad J. - 18 views
- Strokoff, Elliot A. - 0 views
- Turner, James H. - 6 views
- Schott, Jeffrey R. - 0 views
- Wineka, Jill Marie - 5 views
- Beckley, Thomas S. - 3 views
- Hoover, David M. - 5 views
- Purcell, John W. Jr. - 1 views
Popular lawyers in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Wineka, Jill Marie - 5 views
- Rehkamp, Johanna H. - 6 views
- Cowden, James L. - 4 views
- Dougherty, John B. - 5 views
- Wilken, Thomas A. Esq. - 4 views
- Potter, Anthony S. - 4 views
- Weinstock, Ira H. - 4 views
- Moore, Stephen F. Esquire - 6 views
- Chernicoff, Robert E. - 9 views
- Silliker, Mark T. - 4 views
Most rated lawyers in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Jacobson, Leslie D. - 0 votes
- Turner, James H. - 0 votes
- Haller, Leon P. - 0 votes
- Engle, Jeffrey B. Esquire - 0 votes
- Weisberg, Esq., Joel - 0 votes
- Clouser, Rebecca M. Esquire - 0 votes
- Wasilefski, Charles E. Esquire - 0 votes
- Silliker, Mark T. - 0 votes
- Range, Veronica N. - 0 votes
- Andreozzi, Benjamin D. Esq. - 0 votes