Clarity, Paula A.
Address: Paul O’Dwyer Way 52 Duane Street 5th Floor, New York, NY 10007
Lawyer Firm: O’Dwyer & Bernstien, LLP
|Areas of Practice|
Paula Clarity has recently joined O’Dwyer & Bernstien. Her areas of expertise include arbitration and Section 75 hearings, collective bargaining negotiations, the processing of NLRB and PERB charges, as well as ERISA collection litigation.
Ms. Clarity has an outstanding academic background. She graduated from SUNY College at Old Westbury with a degree in Industrial and Labor Relations, while achieving numerous awards, including an Award for Academic Excellence. Ms. Clarity is also a graduate of St. John’s University School of Law where she co-founded the St. John’s University School of Law Chapter of the American Constitution Society and became its first President. She was also a Student Editor of the New York Real Property Law Journal and received a CALI Award for Excellence in Employment Law.
Ms. Clarity’s academic background is matched by her practical experience. She was a shop steward for her Union Local, at one time being the only female shop steward within her job classification (Field Technician). She also participated in other Union activities as an organizer, mobilization coordinator, acting chief steward, rank and file activist and staff representative.
Ms. Clarity is currently an adjunct faculty member at SUNY College of Old Westbury, teaching Unions and Management – An Introduction. She has also lectured at Hofstra University on issues including the duty of fair representation, NYS Unemployment Insurance, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and OSHA, and at Hofstra University School of Law on Arbitration and has appeared on numerous panels including most recently Title VII at 50 held at NYU Law School.
Ms. Clarity is a member of the NYS Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section. She also is President-Elect of the Long Island Labor and Employment Relations Association (LI LERA) www.lilera.org. Ms. Clarity is also a member of the AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee and has been named to the inaugural Board of Advisors for the St. John’s University School of Law, Center for Labor and Employment Law. She was appointed to the St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors in 2012.
Admitted to the following courts: EDNY, SDNY, WDNY, NDNY, EDNY Bankruptcy, SDNY Bankruptcy, Second Circuit and NYS (2008).
Update Clarity, Paula A. information | View Google Map
Other lawyers in New York City, New York
- Glaz, Martyna - 14 views
- Herbst, Todd L. - 14 views
- La Penna, Evan M. - 10 views
- Orner, Simon M. - 12 views
- Pantel, Jenna - 11 views
- Friedman, Karen A. - 2 views
- Friedman, Jason D. - 2 views
- Maitland, Gary A. - 4 views
- Murray-Bertrand, Michelle - 4 views
- Wittes, Robert P. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in New York City, New York
- Soroka, Mark Steven - 20 views
- Kelner, Joshua D. - 22 views
- Pierre-Outerbridge, Altagracia - 25 views
- Iadevaia, Jeremiah - 18 views
- Mishkin, Janet Steel - 18 views
- Cantanno, James E. - 37 views
- Conigliaro, Kristin Perry - 21 views
- Nazarzadeh, Jordan Jacob - 26 views
- Mendelberg, Gabriel - 68 views
- Bromfeld, Jeffrey B. - 34 views
Most rated lawyers in New York City, New York
- Nass, Eric M. - 1 votes
- Antollino, Gregory Esq. - 0 votes
- Scher, David L. - 0 votes
- Ford, Adam C. - 0 votes
- Glenn, Gary F. - 0 votes
- Grant, Yannick - 0 votes
- Subin, Eric D. Esq. - 0 votes
- Tierney, Patrick R. - 0 votes
- Languedoc, Ronald S. - 0 votes
- O’Brien, Kevin J. - 0 votes