Clark, Denise M Esq.
Address: 1100 Connecticut Ave. NW Suite 920, Washington, DC 20036
Lawyer Firm: Clark Law Group, PLLC
|Areas of Practice||Employee Benefits, Employment Law|
Denise M. Clark is the founder of Clark Law Group, PLLC in Washington, DC, where she practices employee benefits and employment law. Before the Firm, Ms. Clark represented multiemployer plans and fiduciaries for more than 15 years, including a term of five years as the General Counsel of the HEREIU Welfare and Pension Funds, where she handled ERISA compliance and litigation matters, as well as employment matters concerning the Funds’ staff.
Ms. Clark is a fellow of the American College of Employee Benefit Counsel, and recently completed her three-year service as a member of the Department of Labor’s ERISA Advisory Council, representing employees. She is active in the American Bar Association’s Section of Labor and Employment Law Employee Benefits Committee, where she co-chairs the Employment Discrimination Subcommittee. As a committee member, she has been a contributing author to BNA’s Employee Benefits Law treatise since 1992. Ms. Clark is also a contributing author to ERISA Litigation (BNA), and has been a speaker at the annual ERISA Basics and ERISA Litigation programs sponsored by the ABA, as well as the annual ERISA CLE program sponsored by the DC Bar Association.
Ms. Clark is a member of the Council of the American Bar Association’s Section of Labor and Employment Law. She is active in the Federal Labor Standards Committee and has contributed to the annual reports that are used to update The Fair Labor Standards Act treatise published by BNA.
Ms. Clark is also an adjunct professor at the University of the District of Columbia, teaching Labor Law.
Ms. Clark earned her LL.M. in taxation and labor, specializing in employee benefits law, at Georgetown University Law Center. She earned her J.D. at North Carolina Central University School of Law, where she was a senior editor of the North Carolina Central University Law Review, and earned her Bachelor of Arts degree at Marquette University. She is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, Maryland, New York, Indiana, and Illinois, as well as numerous federal district courts and circuit courts.
Other lawyers in Washington,
- Filoromo, Michael A. III - 5 views
- Holden, Brian - 18 views
- Green, Andrew P. - 9 views
- Fredley, Steven A. - 8 views
- Caritj , Paul J. - 2 views
- Ahrend, George M. - 9 views
- Simeone, Timothy J. - 0 views
- Carter, Darrel B - 2 views
- Abbott, Elizabeth A. - 10 views
- Sullivan, William B. - 5 views
Popular lawyers in Washington,
- Goel, V. Shiva - 9 views
- Newman, Elizabeth L. - 8 views
- Chuzi, George M. - 12 views
- Renner, Richard R. - 11 views
- Biswese, Traci D. - 38 views
- Kozma, Daniel S. - 8 views
- Eisenmann, James M. - 14 views
- Shi, H. Henry - 14 views
- Brillian, John H. - 26 views
- Gómez, Bert - 10 views
Most rated lawyers in Washington,
- Davis, Mark D. - 0 votes
- Mitchell, Tami L. Esq - 0 votes
- Harrigan, Cecil C. II - 0 votes
- Kuntz, Mary E. - 0 votes
- Ladson, Damon C. - 0 votes
- O’Donnell, Patrick P. - 0 votes
- Crenshaw, Janina R. - 0 votes
- Shiao, Jonathan Chia Ying - 0 votes
- Bullock, Robert S. Esq., CELA, CAP - 0 votes
- Wood, Amanda L. - 0 votes