Copps, Anne Reynolds
Address: 126 State St. Fl. 6, Albany, NY 12207
Lawyer Firm: Copps DiPaola Silverman, PLLC
|Areas of Practice||Adoption, Real Estate, Estate Planning/Probate, Corporate Formation & Operations, Guardianship, Name Changes|
Anne was admitted to the bar in New York in 1982 and is also admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court and the state courts in Vermont. She is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys, Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Adirondack Women’s Bar Association, Vermont Bar Association, and Rensselaer County Bar Association. Anne graduated from the State University of New York at Albany in 1978. She graduated magna cum laude with a BA in political science. She then graduated from Albany Law School of Union University with JD in 1981.
Anne was a partner in the law firm of Martin, Shudt, Wallace, DiLorenzo, Copps & Johnson from 1984 until 1995 when she opened her own office in Albany, New York.
She has extensive experience in all areas of adoption law including private adoptions in New York State and Vermont, step/second parent adoptions, international adoptions, adoption agency representation, placements involving the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC), and placements involving the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA). Anne also has experience in the related fields of Kinship Guardianship Assistance Program (KinGAP) and Assisted Reproductive Technology Law (ART), including egg donation, sperm donation, embryo donation, and gestational carrier/surrogacy agreements.
In addition to her adoption practice, Attorney Anne Reynolds Copps also has vast experience in:
• drafting simple and complex Wills and Trusts, as well as Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Power of Attorneys, and Assignments of Agent for Disposition of Remains
• residential and commercial real estate closings, lease drafting/negotiation, landlord tenant disputes, foreclosures, and short sales
• name changes and legal gender changes for transgender individuals
• educational matters, including special education and student discipline defense
Anne has been the recipient of several community and professional awards, including the Distinguished Member Award and the Kimberly A. Troisi-Paton Leadership Award from the Capital District Women’s Bar Association, the Attorney Professionalism Award, and the Pro Bono Award from the New York State Bar Association, the "Straight but not Narrow" Award from the Capital District Pride Center, and the Kate Stoneman Award from Albany Law School.
Anne is active in community affairs, currently serving as the Chair of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) Real Property Section’s subcommittee on Not-For-Profit Entities, President of New York Attorneys for Adoption and Family Formation (NYAAFF), the Treasurer of Friends of the Rensselaer County Family Court Children’s Center, and also serving The Legal Project and the community of Mechanicville in a monthly free legal clinic. She is the former Treasurer of Adoptive Families of the Capital Region.
Anne has previously served as NYSBA’s Chair of the Real Property Section, Children and the Law Committee and Legal Specialization Committee, the Vice-President of Child’s Canterbury Foundation, the chair of the Committee on Professional Standards (attorney discipline committee), and on the Board of Directors of The Legal Project.
Other lawyers in Albany, Georgia
- Rodgers, W. Ralph Jr. - 6 views
- DiNovo, Thomas J. - 1 views
- Alpert, Courtney L - 6 views
- Ray, Stephan A. - 4 views
- Lowry, Michael - 7 views
- Young, William N. Jr. - 1 views
- Gallagher, Dylan S. - 14 views
- Ko, Andrew - 7 views
- Ross, David R - 6 views
- Crisafulli, Mario S - 12 views
Popular lawyers in Albany, Georgia
- Savitt, Meredith H. - 24 views
- Kelsey, Andrea L. - 15 views
- Krzykowski, Brian P. - 9 views
- DePaolo, Aaron M. - 9 views
- Wander, Fred B. - 13 views
- Weekley, Roland - 9 views
- McGrath, Brendan - 14 views
- Ryan, Kathleen M. - 8 views
- Smith, L. Clayton Jr. - 9 views
- Nixon, Susan A. Esq. - 9 views