Cortez, Carlos R.
Address: 12801 N Central Expy #360, Dallas, TX 75243
Lawyer Firm: Cortez Law Firm, PLLC
|Areas of Practice||Civil Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation, Arbitration|
Carlos R. Cortez, former judge of the 44th Texas State Civil District Court, practices primarily in the areas of civil litigation and personal injury. He is admitted to practice in the State of Texas and U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas. He attended the University of North Texas, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice.
Mr. Cortez obtained his J.D. from Texas Wesleyan School of Law. Mr. Cortez was an award winning judge for the State of Texas from 2007-2014 and served on a Presidential Inaugural Committee, presided over the largest corporate buyout lawsuit in the history of American jurisprudence and was presented the Medal of Friendship by the President of Mongolia at the United Nations for his judicial service.
Before taking the bench, Mr. Cortez was recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice for his pro bono work for the victims of the 9/11 tragedy and by the Dallas Bar Association for his pro bono work for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. As an attorney, Mr. Cortez has received many recognitions including having been selected to "D Magazine’s" list of Best Lawyers Under 40, Rising Star – Thompson Reuters "Super Lawyers" (2005), and "The National Law Journal’s" Top Verdicts of the Year.
His profession affiliations include the State Bar of Texas; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas; Dallas Bar Association and Dallas Trial Lawyers Association. He has been recognized by numerous prestigious publications, including:
Top 100 Verdicts – The National Law Journal (2003)Best Lawyers Under 40 – D Magazine (2004)Rising Star – Thompson Reuters "Super Lawyers" (2005)
Other lawyers in Dallas, Texas
- Berkley, H. P. (Mike) - 7 views
- McClain, James E. - 9 views
- Hunnicutt, J. Stephen - 3 views
- Sallade, Alexandra - 3 views
- Davis, Weston M. - 6 views
- Shimkus, Sydnie - 2 views
- Akpabio, Emem O. - 8 views
- Knott, Daniel A. - 6 views
- Paquin, Christen C. - 1 views
- Foret, Robin - 11 views
Popular lawyers in Dallas, Texas
- Parrish, Ashley - 10 views
- Oberheiden, Dr. Nick - 12 views
- Sauter, Mindy - 12 views
- Price, Randy - 11 views
- Aleman, Andrew - 11 views
- Jones, Christene - 14 views
- Uhl, Michael J. - 11 views
- Quinlan, Chris - 12 views
- Hill, Teegan J. - 9 views
- Brown, Kristin R. - 11 views