DeWitt, James D.
Address: 1029 W. 3rd Avenue Suite 400, Anchorage, AK 99501
Lawyer Firm: Law Offices of Guess & Rudd P.C.
|Areas of Practice|
Jim grew up in Fairbanks and has practiced law in Alaska since graduating in 1975 from Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago, Illinois. Jim has worked at Guess & Rudd since 1986. He is the co-author of the Volunteer Legal Handbook through nine editions and for fifteen years chaired the faculty of the Biennial Nonprofit Law courses sponsored by the Alaska Bar Association. He was a member of the board of directors of United Way of the Tanana Valley for more than twenty years, and was its president in 1993. He is an avid birder and bird photographer. Jim is married to environmental consultant Nancy DeWitt, the former executive director of the Alaska Bird Observatory.
This is the 25th year in a row of being included in “Best Lawyers in America" for his work in the practice area of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
Other lawyers in Anchorage, Alaska
- Crabb, Kristin E. - 1 views
- Colbert, Lori Ann - 3 views
- Patteson, Curtis Wayne - 1 views
- Cavanaugh, Randall S. - 3 views
- Hannam (formerly Schoolcraft), Kenneth G. - 0 views
- Jensen, Michael James - 3 views
- Lambert, Andrew J. - 4 views
- Zahare, A. Michael - 4 views
- Havelock, John E. - 5 views
- Farley, Laura L. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Anchorage, Alaska
- Foley, Susan Behlke - 7 views
- Foley, Maryann - 4 views
- Rankin, Christina A. - 9 views
- Zipkin, Gary A. - 8 views
- Olivas, Traci - 8 views
- Harki, Adam - 5 views
- Duffy, Brian - 8 views
- Graves, Cheryl L. - 4 views
- Henderson, David - 4 views
- Sherman, John - 7 views