Diaz, Carlos R.
Address: 437 Grant Street Suite 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Lawyer Firm: Stewart, Murray & Associates Law Group
|Areas of Practice||Civil Litigation|
Attorney Carlos R. Diaz is a partner with Stewart, Murray & Associates Law Group and concentrates his practice in civil litigation in both class and individual cases. He is the chair of the firm’s consumer and civil rights practice groups and regularly represents consumers, investors, employees, business owners and other victims of corporate or securities fraud, deceptive or unfair trade practices, and discrimination. Carlos is one of the country’s foremost attorneys with respect to cases involving the accessibility of products and services offered through emerging and advancing technology. Carlos also represents Spanish-speaking clients in a variety of civil and criminal matters and Hispanic business owners in connection with general commercial matters, designation of minority contractor status, financing, real estate, import/export issues and other trade matters.
Carlos attended Duquesne University and its School of Law, earning a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 2001, and a Juris Doctorate in 2004. He began his practice in Florida and Pennsylvania as an associate with large law firms representing Fortune 500 corporations in the defense of occupational illness and toxic tort cases in state and federal courts. Carlos then transitioned his practice to represent plaintiffs by joining a boutique class action firm with a national reputation for its successful representation of defrauded and aggrieved consumers and employees in collective actions.
Carlos, a fluent Spanish speaker, is a native of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Since moving to Pittsburgh in 1997, he has been committed to the progress of the Hispanic community in Pittsburgh. Carlos sits on the Board of Directors of the Pittsburgh Hispanic Development Corporation, an organization that creates Hispanic business and investment opportunities while enhancing and enriching this region’s economic, employment, educational, and community development goals. The former co-chair of the Hispanic Attorneys Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association, Carlos donates his time to translate various court documents from English to Spanish.
Carlos is a member of the Florida and Pennsylvania bars and is admitted to practice in several U.S. Federal Courts including the Western District of Pennsylvania, the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas, and the District of Minnesota. Carlos lives in Mt. Lebanon with his wife and two children.
Other lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Steele, Charles E. - 8 views
- O’Donnell, Brendan A. - 3 views
- Valyo, Cary - 6 views
- Kisner, Kimberly J. Esq. - 1 views
- Metal, Renee A. - 3 views
- Acheson, Amy - 14 views
- Santorella, Erin L. - 8 views
- Emmi, Louis W. - 5 views
- Hilko, Paul A. - 5 views
- Schwarzwaelder, Caroline - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Ellel, Jessica A. - 9 views
- Farber, Alan I. - 9 views
- Pahuta, Nicholas - 9 views
- Williams, Kelly A. - 15 views
- Stroyd, Arthur H. - 11 views
- D’Onofrio, John A - 13 views
- Ainsman, David Ira - 12 views
- Calderwood, Gail C. Esq. - 10 views
- Freed, Michael R. - 14 views
- Robb, Michael P. - 9 views
Most rated lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Konieczka, Daniel J. Jr. - 0 votes
- Lalama, Jeffrey R. - 0 votes
- Jenkins, Elizabeth L. - 0 votes
- Blaik, Salah E. Esq. - 0 votes
- Paletta, Carolyn E. - 0 votes
- Reiner Skovdal, Amber L. - 0 votes
- Milsop, Mark E. - 0 votes
- Gladden, Thomas D. - 0 votes
- Fasulo, David J. - 0 votes
- Bergenthal, Erik M. - 0 votes