Díaz, María G.
Address: 6300 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1500, Los Angeles, CA 90048
Lawyer Firm: Allred, Maroko & Goldberg
|Areas of Practice||Employment Law, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblowers, Disability Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Defamation, Gender/Pregnancy Discrimination|
Ms. Díaz has dedicated her legal career to representing workers in employment cases. She is the founder of THE DIAZ LAW FIRM and serves as "Of Counsel" to the law firm of Allred, Maroko & Goldberg.
Ms. Díaz focuses her practice exclusively on representing workers in a range of employment matters including defamation, whistleblowers, sexual harassment, gender/pregnancy discrimination, disability discrimination, and wrongful termination. She has expertise navigating leave laws, including those related to pregnancy, disability, and family medical leave. Ms. Díaz is bilingual in Spanish and English.
She has a broad range of experience in federal court, state court, and arbitration. Ms. Díaz litigates, tries cases in state and federal court, arbitrates cases, and does appellate work. She has negotiated millions for her clients in a multitude of employment claims against a wide range of companies, individuals and public entities.
Her last trial resulted in a jury verdict of $1,325,000 for Ms. Eva O’Brien who worked part-time at Baca Properties when she was wrongfully terminated. After Baca Properties hired an appeals expert to appeal the verdict, Ms. Díaz prepared the responding appeal brief on behalf of her client, Ms. Eva O’Brien.
Representative Verdicts, Awards and Settlements
• $1,325,000 verdict in a wrongful termination case representing a part time woman earning $15 per hour.• $2,500,000 award in a race discrimination case of three construction workers.• $2,000,000 settlement in a sex harassment and retaliation case by a male against a large corporation.• $1,750,000 settlement in a gender discrimination case involving a group of women against a government entity.• $750,000 arbitration award in a nurse’s defamation case against Methodist Hospital of Southern California.• $850,000 settlement in a woman’s gender discrimination case against a large manufacturing company.• $550,000 settlement in a retaliation case of a female physician against a government agency.
Other lawyers in Los Angeles, California
- Mesriani, Rodney - 6 views
- Sacks, Robert N. - 8 views
- Graham, David Philip - 10 views
- Blakeman, Benjamin - 2 views
- Reyes, Angel G. - 4 views
- Choe, Anthony - 1 views
- Sweetser, Catherine - 1 views
- Evans, Rodney Bruce - 1 views
- Slates, Ronald P. - 6 views
- Kim, Cassie - 4 views
Popular lawyers in Los Angeles, California
- Beirne, Peter C. - 13 views
- Kashfian, Ryan D. - 12 views
- Lovell, Tre - 16 views
- Carlone, Joe M. - 20 views
- Farah, Neda - 19 views
- Eng, Mattias A. - 14 views
- Grosch, Katja M. - 15 views
- DeVanon, Nicole - 28 views
- Karama, Jacqueline C. - 19 views
- Seplow, Michael D. - 16 views