Dickerson, Esq., Robert P.
Address: 1745 Village Center Cir., Las Vegas, NV 89134
Lawyer Firm: The Dickerson Karacsonyi Law Group
|Areas of Practice|
Bob Dickerson is a native Nevadan who has practiced law in Las Vegas since 1976. Bob is a graduate of the University of Southern California and the University of Utah School of Law. During his lengthy legal career, Bob has served as a law clerk for United States District Court Judge Roger D. Foley, a deputy public defender for Clark County, Nevada, an Assistant United States Attorney, and one of the original founding partners of Dickerson, Dickerson, Consul & Pocker, which has now become The Dickerson Karacsonyi Law Group. Bob also has been an instructor at the United States Department of Justice’s Attorney General’s Advocacy Institute, an adjunct professor at the William S. Boyd School of Law, and a frequent lecture for continuing legal education programs sponsored by the Nevada State Bar and the Clark County Bar Association. Bob has earned an “AV” (Preeminent) peer review and client review rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
In 2000, Bob was selected by then Nevada Senator Richard Bryan to serve on the United States Judicial Review Commission on Foreign Asset Control. As a member of this Commission, Bob actively participated in a congressional investigation and evaluation of the effect the United States government’s blocking of the assets of foreign narcotics traffickers has upon legitimate United States businesses and individuals. The findings and conclusions of the Commission were reported to the United States Senate and House of Representatives in 2001.
During his career, Bob also has been active in Bar related activities, having served as President of the State Bar of Nevada, President of the Clark County Bar Association, and as a member of numerous bar related committees, including the State Bar’s Board of Bar Examiners and the Professionalism Committee. Additionally, as he has throughout his legal career, Bob is actively involved in providing pro bono legal services to low income families and individuals. He is a member of the Board of Directors of Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a non-profit organization that provides free legal services to people who could not otherwise afford legal representation.
Bob is admitted to practice law in all federal and state courts in Nevada, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. Bob’s practice of law in Nevada over the past 40 years has included both civil and criminal litigation in Nevada’s federal and state courts, as well as the handling of real estate, business, and other transactional matters. Over the past 25 years, Bob’s practice has been primarily in the area of family law.
Other lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Collins, Britannica D’Aja - 8 views
- Christiansen, Peter S. Esq. - 4 views
- Johns-Bolhouse, Laura - 1 views
- Sheets, Damian R. - 1 views
- Solomon, Mark A. - 6 views
- Mayo, Vincent - 5 views
- Paxton, Kaitlin H. - 7 views
- Friedel, Craig D. - 2 views
- Schneringer, John - 4 views
- Abrams, Jennifer V. - 7 views
Popular lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Bowen, Jerome R. - 8 views
- Hollingworth, Steven E. - 10 views
- Dimopoulos, Steve - 10 views
- Co, Peter - 7 views
- Goldstein, Steven M. - 7 views
- Erickson, Patricia M. - 18 views
- Goodin, Gary David - 10 views
- Melendrez, Martin I. - 15 views
- Bolick, Robert L. - 11 views
- Kane, Michael C. - 7 views
Most rated lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Escobar, Christy Brad - 0 votes
- Karacsonyi, Esq., Natalie E. - 0 votes
- Florence, Jody M. - 0 votes
- Engleman, Richard - 0 votes
- Taruc, Justin Ramos - 0 votes
- Lindemuth, Kayleigh E. - 0 votes
- Abrams, Jennifer V. - 0 votes
- Dolson, Esq., Sabrina M. - 0 votes
- Terry, R. Todd - 0 votes
- Straus, David Alexander - 0 votes