Address: 100 SE 6th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Lawyer Firm: Michael Garcia, P.A.
|Areas of Practice||Business & Commercial Law|
Michael Garcia is an experienced litigator with a focuses on construction, real estate, commercial litigation, government procurement and affairs. Michael has more than 15 years of combined experience as an Attorney and paralegal.
As a litigator, Michael has represented individuals, municipalities, residential and commercial construction companies in Civil Lawsuits, Administrative Hearings, Mediations or Arbitrations. Michael has prosecuted construction and municipal lien foreclosure actions, and has also defended construction lien foreclosure actions. Michael has also successfully represented clients at administrative hearings regarding real estate tax appeals. Michael has also been involved in several successful bid protest, government procurement matters, municipal lawsuits, and shareholder lawsuit.
The complexities of the various cases have allowed Michael to develop his litigations skills, in order to properly tailor the litigation strategy to meet the specific needs of each case. In addition to Michael’s litigation experience, Michael has also drafted various construction and municipal agreements, such as: government procurement, design-build, general contractor and subcontractor agreements. The detailed attention and analysis performed in drafting such agreements has enabled Michael to effectively counsel and assist clients regarding the terms of the agreements.
Michael received his Juris Doctorate from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Board Law Center, and his undergraduate degree from St. John’s University. Michael is admitted to practice in all Florida State Courts, and in the U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida.
Michael is fluent in Spanish.
Construction Litigation/Lien Foreclosure
Michael has experience assisting clients in the following areas:
Bid protests and disputes Contract drafting and review Contract disputes and resolutionContract and Florida law compliance Construction licensing issues Construction insurance issues Breach of contract lawsuitsConstruction defect claims and defense Construction warranty claims Lien transfer Bonds Lien consultation and preparation Lien foreclosures Defense of lien foreclosures Notice of contest of liens Notice to owner Orders to Show Cause Release of liens Partial release of liens Assignment of liens Sworn statements of account Final Contractors Affidavits Notice of Nonpayment Claims against public and private Bonds
Other lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Gunther, Jason K. - 4 views
- Abrams, Kimberly A. - 6 views
- Mavrick, Peter T. - 3 views
- Salomon, Stefanie A. - 2 views
- Gruher, Barry P. - 2 views
- Forrest, Daniel E. Esq. - 3 views
- Bean, Benjamin P. - 2 views
- Jenkins, Jason A. Esq. - 3 views
- Forrest, Paulina Esq. - 2 views
- Dowers, Benjamin W. - 4 views
Popular lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Gayo-Guitian, Mariaelena - 6 views
- McGuigan, Matthew R. - 10 views
- Weissman, Jeffrey M. - 5 views
- Coffey, Andrew Matthew - 7 views
- Brenton, Ryan - 6 views
- Michaels, Ryan E. - 5 views
- Rossi, Steve - 6 views
- McIntosh, Robert D. - 11 views
- Brauwerman, Jeffrey N. - 9 views
- Abrams, Kimberly A. - 6 views
Most rated lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Peebles, Warren Q. Esq. - 0 votes
- Friedman, Howard S. Esq. - 0 votes
- Malnik, Kenneth M. - 0 votes
- Bolen, Rani Nair - 0 votes
- Rosen, Danielle L. - 0 votes
- Paulino-Grisham, Alicia - 0 votes
- Yeboah, Samuel Esq. - 0 votes
- Amlong, William R. - 0 votes
- Bennett, Esq., Lisa K. - 0 votes
- Shane, Evan Esq. - 0 votes