Gibbons, Max C.
Address: 205 North Michigan Avenue Suite 1950, Chicago, IL 60601
Lawyer Firm: Korein Tillery
|Areas of Practice||Securities Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Whistleblower/Qui Tam, Environmental Law, Unfair Competition, Consumer Protection|
Max Gibbons is an attorney in Korein Tillery’s Chicago office, licensed to practice in Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Max has extensive experience at both the trial and appellate level representing plaintiffs in individual and class actions in Illinois, Missouri, New Hampshire, California and in federal multidistrict litigation across the country. He has represented plaintiffs in cases involving consumer fraud, pharmaceutical drugs, unfair labor practices, securities, asbestos exposure, and environmental contamination.
Max has particular expertise in tobacco litigation. He has been heavily involved at the trial and appellate level defending and then seeking reinstatement of a $10.1 billion trial judgment Korein Tillery obtained for Illinois cigarette consumers. Price v. Philip Morris, Inc., 2011 WL 722749 (Ill. App. 2011). He is a member of the trial team representing a class of Missouri consumers seeking damages for the allegedly false marketing of light cigarettes and was involved in the successful appellate defense of the class certification order in that case. Craft v. Philip Morris Companies, 190 S.W.3d 368 (Mo. App. 2005).
Max has also participated in negotiating and obtaining approval of class settlements. For example, in Hoormann v. SmithKline Beecham, 04-L-715 (Ill. Cir. Ct.), Korein Tillery obtained a settlement that established a $63.8 million fund to fully reimburse consumers who had purchased an antidepressant drug for their children. In Henderson v. Sport Chalet, Inc., No. BC318081 (Cal. Sup. Ct.), the settlement provided a class of California workers compensation for missed meal and rest breaks.
Max graduated with honors from the University of California, Berkeley in 1999 and received his J.D. from the UCLA School of Law in 2003. While at UCLA, he served as an Editor of the UCLA Law Review and authored a Comment titled Of Windfalls and Property Rights: Palazzolo and the Regulatory Takings Notice Debate, which was published in that journal.
Other lawyers in Chicago, Illinois
- Cheronis, Damon M. - 2 views
- Graham, Douglas W. - 9 views
- McCallister, Gary D - 0 views
- Keeley, Kevin Francis - 2 views
- Riess, Sarah L. - 0 views
- Cosgrove, Bradley M. - 3 views
- Hack, Christopher M. - 4 views
- Davalos, Carlos H. - 7 views
- Sims, Matthew S. - 2 views
- Legorreta, Loren Michael - 11 views
Popular lawyers in Chicago, Illinois
- Grattan, Heather Smith - 15 views
- Sullivan, Terry - 13 views
- Hartig, Eric M. - 15 views
- Vainikos, Jim M. - 13 views
- Smith, Dustin E. - 18 views
- Pocari, Flavia - 13 views
- Grossman, Jennifer S. - 17 views
- Timm, Jennifer - 16 views
- Kumor, John Esq. - 13 views
- Radvila, Gintare - 36 views