Gulliver, Carl T.
Address: 495 Orange Street, New Haven, CT 06511
Lawyer Firm: Coan, Lewendon, Gulliver & Miltenberger, LLC
|Areas of Practice||Debtor and Creditor, Business Reorganization and Workout, Individual and Family Bankruptcy Analysis, Resolving Foreclosure and Tax Debt through Bankruptcy Court Reorganization, Chapter 11, Chapter 13, Chapter 12, Chapter 7|
Carl Gulliver, a member of the firm, focuses his practice on business and personal reorganizations and bankruptcy rights of debtors and creditors. He provides individual attention and careful analysis of the affairs of debtors in all types of proceedings in the bankruptcy court. Experience and judgment drive the well-considered strategies for each client. As a bankruptcy lawyer in Connecticut, he represents both personal and business debtors and creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy in chapters 11, 13, 12, and 7 and counsels clients in insolvency law, planning, and asset protection.
Board certified in business bankruptcy law by the American Board of Certification, Mr. Gulliver is also AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating for lawyers.
Representative clients in reorganization include Liberty Threads NA, Inc., Coastline Terminals of Connecticut Parent, Inc., DeForest Seafood, LLC, The Standard Beef Company, Darrows Ridge, LLC, Chapel Memorial Funeral Home, The Gathering Company, Nicholas J. Mercede, and Arnold Peck. Mr. Gulliver has represented creditor committees, buyers of chapter 11 companies, and secured and unsecured creditors. He has represented the Patient Care Ombudsman appointed by the court in the cases of Haven Eldercare, LLC, and Johnson Memorial Hospital, Inc. He represented Attorney Robert F. Carter who served at the appointment of the Court as Future Claimants Representative for asbestos victims of Raytech Corporation and its affiliates including Raymark Industries, Inc., a complex engagement that was active for over a decade. Mr. Gulliver is a regular participant in the Connecticut Pro Bono Network receiving annual recognition for service in the area of bankruptcy law.
He is a member of the executive committee of the Connecticut Bar Association’s Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section having served as its chair from June 2012 through June 2014. He also served as the Senior Topical Editor for Bankruptcy on the Association’s prestigious and venerable Connecticut Bar Journal from 1998 through 2017. He speaks and writes often on bankruptcy topics.
With over thirty years the practice of bankruptcy law, Mr. Gulliver has worked with the current 1979 Bankruptcy Code for essentially its entire history. After practicing in a bankruptcy boutique in Washington, DC, Mr. Gulliver moved with his family in 1986 to Connecticut. In New Haven he continued his practice in the bankruptcy area with DiPietro, Kantrovitz & Brownstein, PC, where he became a partner and represented developers in some of the larger Connecticut cases during the real estate meltdown of the late eighties and early nineties. In 1994 Mr. Gulliver joined Coan, Lewendon, Gulliver & Miltenberger, LLC.
Carl T. Gulliver
Other lawyers in New Haven, Connecticut
- Armas, Jeffrey S. - 10 views
- Errante, Steven J. - 5 views
- Burns, Maureen E. - 5 views
- Roberge, Stephanie Z. - 4 views
- Paine, Rosemarie - 2 views
- Bohonnon, David M. - 4 views
- Goetsch, Charles C. - 9 views
- Keefe, Brendan J. - 2 views
- Dolan, Michael J. - 1 views
- Traub, Stephen I. - 4 views
Popular lawyers in New Haven, Connecticut
- Berdon, Peter A. - 13 views
- Noyes, Nancy A. - 14 views
- Baker, Dean W. - 10 views
- Sinoway, Barry J. - 18 views
- Lewendon, Whitney M. - 6 views
- Popilowski, Matthew D. - 6 views
- Robbins-Pesce, Harrison - 21 views
- Annecchino, Louis A. - 9 views
- Bikakis, Nicole C. - 16 views
- Keefe, John J. Jr. - 8 views
Most rated lawyers in New Haven, Connecticut
- Koch, Isabelle L. Esq. - 0 votes
- Lewendon, Whitney M. - 0 votes
- Keefe, Hugh F. - 0 votes
- Royston, Christopher M. - 0 votes
- Cahill, George J. Jr. - 0 votes
- LoRicco, Ronald Sr. Esq. - 0 votes
- Schwab, Robert L. - 0 votes
- Lewendon, Timothy - 0 votes
- Dolan, Matthew F. - 0 votes
- Gillis (1935-2002), Howard T. - 0 votes