Address: 818 Connecticut Ave., NW Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20006
Lawyer Firm: Kalijarvi, Chuzi, Newman & Fitch, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Employment Law, Discrimination and Harassment, Disability and Medical Leave Issues, Retaliation, Wage and Hour Violations, Federal Sector Labor and Employment Litigation|
Puja Gupta regularly represents clients in employment-related litigation, including in employment discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation suits; Family Medical Leave Act and ADA litigation; state and federal wage and hour law violations; wrongful discharge claims; and in administrative charges. She represents public and private-sector employees and appears before the EEOC, MSPB, and various state and federal agencies.
Ms. Gupta also represents clients in matters involving executive compensation and employment agreements, and Ms. Gupta has successfully settled matters in litigation involving violations of non-disclosure, non-solicitation, and non-compete agreements.
Ms. Gupta’s previous litigation experience includes a broad range of civil trial work before administrative agencies, state and federal courts, and on appeal. She has secured settlement awards on behalf of municipal and government employees in difficult cases, and she has been involved in jury trials resulting in favorable verdicts in constitutional and civil rights matters on behalf of individuals.
Ms. Gupta received her B.A. from the University of Maryland, College Park with University Honors and as a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She received her J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law, where she was awarded the William P. Cunningham Award for Exceptional Achievement and Service. While attending the University of Maryland School of Law, Ms. Gupta served as Symposium Articles Editor for the Journal of Business & Technology Law and as an Asper Fellow for former U.S. Magistrate Judge (current U.S. District Judge) Paul W. Grimm, and she was a recipient of the William Donald Schaefer Scholarship.
In 2017, Ms. Gupta was recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star.
Other lawyers in Washington,
- Ellerd, Heidi Marie - 13 views
- Fuld, William H.P. - 6 views
- Fuhrman, John W. - 3 views
- Schroeder, Andrew B. - 3 views
- Harrigan, Cecil C. II - 2 views
- Carter, Heather L. - 4 views
- Olmstead, Thomas S. - 3 views
- Nur, Omar Attorney at Law - 5 views
- Lieb, Wayne - 3 views
- Donckers, Brendan - 7 views
Popular lawyers in Washington,
- Bernabei, Lynne - 9 views
- O’Donnell, Patrick P. - 8 views
- Kumin, Avi - 18 views
- Dale, G. Allen - 8 views
- Young, Joanne - 12 views
- Sifers, Randall W. - 9 views
- Renner, Richard R. - 11 views
- DePriest, Robert - 14 views
- Newman, Elizabeth L. - 8 views
- Hunt, Cecil - 15 views
Most rated lawyers in Washington,
- Davis, Mark D. - 0 votes
- Mitchell, Tami L. Esq - 0 votes
- Harrigan, Cecil C. II - 0 votes
- Kuntz, Mary E. - 0 votes
- Ladson, Damon C. - 0 votes
- O’Donnell, Patrick P. - 0 votes
- Crenshaw, Janina R. - 0 votes
- Shiao, Jonathan Chia Ying - 0 votes
- Bullock, Robert S. Esq., CELA, CAP - 0 votes
- Wood, Amanda L. - 0 votes