Hanseman, Robert G.
Address: 40 N. Main Street Suite 1900, Dayton, OH 45423
Lawyer Firm: Sebaly Shillito + Dyer
|Areas of Practice||Litigation, Creditors’ Rights + Commercial Law, Government Contract Law|
Bob joined the firm in January 2001 and became a shareholder in 2006. He concentrates his practice in Commercial Litigation and Creditor’s Rights. He earned his B.A. at The Ohio State University, where he graduated cum laude with two majors, and earned his law degree at George Washington University. Bob was admitted to the Maryland bar in 1995 and the Ohio bar in 2000. He is admitted to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. Bob has been recognized as an Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star.
While attending college, Bob interned at several large corporations and was also selected as a White House intern. During law school, Bob clerked with the Office of General Counsel at the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
Prior to joining SS+D, Bob served as a military officer and Judge Advocate General (JAG) where he represented the Air Force during court martial trials and before administrative tribunals, including the Armed Services Board of Contact Appeals (ASBCA), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the Merit System Protection Board (MSPB). He was promoted to Captain in 1996 and was twice awarded the Air Force Commendation Medal.
In 1998 Bob transferred to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, where he was in-house counsel to the research laboratories located on the base and provided reviews of research contracts worth millions of dollars.
Since joining SS+D, Bob has handled a wide variety of litigation matters and has represented numerous clients in both federal and state courts. One of his more interesting cases involved representing the State of Ohio in the successful effort to end the forced racial bussing of school-age children.
Bob’s creditors’ rights practice is extensive. His experience includes representing the Creditor’s Committee in the bankruptcy of one of Ohio’s largest furniture chains.
Bob is married, with three daughters.
Other lawyers in Dayton, Ohio
- Deaton, Susan Marie - 55 views
- Fleischauer, Marc L. - 0 views
- Harmon, Sean H. - 8 views
- Ewers, Gregory M. - 5 views
- Ulrich, Karl R. - 5 views
- Foos, Martin A. - 5 views
- Finley, Gale S. - 6 views
- Tipton, Matthew T. - 5 views
- Gottschlich, Gary W. - 5 views
- McMullin, Justin - 6 views
Popular lawyers in Dayton, Ohio
- DeVeny, Dain N. - 24 views
- Fague, Terence L. - 9 views
- Hansen, Chad D. - 9 views
- Yim, Edward C. - 11 views
- Liberman, Scott A. - 10 views
- Gounaris, Nicholas George - 8 views
- Bacon, Steven E. - 7 views
- Herin, W. Chip III - 8 views
- Finley, Gale S. - 6 views
- Gruenberg, Jonas J. - 6 views