Hunter, William J.
Address: 218 West State Street, Savannah, GA 31401
Lawyer Firm: Oliver Maner LLP
|Areas of Practice||Trial Practice, Medical Malpractice, Plaintiffs Personal Injury/Wrongful Death, Real Estate Litigation, Business Litigation|
William (Bill) J. Hunter, Partner, is a Martindale and Hubbell "AV" rated member of the Litigation section of the firm. At the beginning of his career, Mr. Hunter’s practice focused nearly exclusively on defending physicians who were sued in medical malpractice cases. The complexity of those cases, and the skills required to defend them, allowed Mr. Hunter to branch into other areas of complex trial work. Although, he still defends physicians and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice cases, he now concentrates his practice in the areas of plaintiffs personal injury, catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
Over the past several years, Mr. Hunter has successfully represented plaintiffs who were severely injured or killed in cases against product manufacturers, medical device manufacturers, trucking companies and large industrial or construction companies. Many of these cases involve explosions or other complicated mechanism of injury, including the catastrophic failure of equipment, which results in severely traumatic injuries. He also regularly participates as counsel representing plaintiffs in large multidistrict litigation cases. Mr. Hunter also does trial work related to business litigation and serious business disputes, many times involving claims related to fiduciary duties. Mr. Hunter’s practice is 100 percent devoted to trial practice.
Born in Arkansas, Mr. Hunter came to Savannah in 2003 and has been with Oliver Maner since that time. Mr. Hunter is a member of the Georgia State Bar and the Savannah Bar Association and was recently appointed to the Bench and Bar Committee of the State Bar. In addition, he is a member of the American Association for Justice. For his work, he is routinely placed on lists such as Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, Legal Elite and others. In both 2014 and 2016, he was named the "Savannah Lawyer of the Year" by U.S. News’ Best Lawyers for medical malpractice defense and plaintiffs personal injury. He is licensed to practice in all courts in the state of Georgia and has had multiple cases in many other states.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Hunter was formerly on the board of directors and executive committee for nonprofit, First Tee Savannah. In 2016, Mr. Hunter was elected to the Board of Directors for Union Mission, Savannah’s leading organization for providing assistance to the homeless, on which he continues to serve today.
He was recently appointed to the administration board of his church, Wesley Monumental, in Savannah. In 2016, he started a nonprofit called Savannah Bombers Basketball. SBB gives a number of kids a chance to play basketball at a high level throughout the state of Georgia and around the Southeast. Many of the kids who play for the SBB would likely not have the opportunities to play travel basketball at the level otherwise. For the past two years, he has served as a middle school basketball coach for Savannah Country Day School in Savannah.
Other lawyers in Savannah, Georgia
- Schivera, Robert W. - 1 views
- Friedman, Julian R. - 2 views
- Gerard, James P. - 3 views
- Walker, Daryl J. - 4 views
- Bell, William G. III - 0 views
- Langlois, Ryan D. - 11 views
- Bowman, Catherine - 5 views
- Donaldson, R. B. Jr. - 4 views
- Lerch, Courtney Reynolds - 3 views
- Threlkeld, Paul H. - 7 views
Popular lawyers in Savannah, Georgia
- Massee, Jacob D. - 10 views
- Phillips, Jonathan B. - 14 views
- Langlois, Ryan D. - 11 views
- Gathy, Kathryn T. - 32 views
- O’Connor, Patrick T. - 9 views
- Haug, Erin Muldoon - 7 views
- Schachter, David I. - 6 views
- Call, Craig - 7 views
- Odom, Ashley - 18 views
- McIntire, Lianna G. - 7 views
Most rated lawyers in Savannah, Georgia
- Ray, Christopher L. - 0 votes
- Hunter, William J. - 0 votes
- Schivera, Bryan A. - 0 votes
- Drought, Irving William III - 0 votes
- Bowen, William Andrew - 0 votes
- Threlkeld, Paul H. - 0 votes
- Bowman, D. Campbell Jr. - 0 votes
- Woodard, Tayah L. - 0 votes
- Evans, T. Lawrence - 0 votes
- Donaldson, Jeffrey Craig - 0 votes