Impastato, Dominick F. III
Address: 1130 Saint Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130
Lawyer Firm: Frischhertz Poulliard Frischhertz & Impastato LLC
|Areas of Practice||Commerical Trucking Litigation, Products Liability Litigation, Automobile and Other Casualty Litigation, Industrial Casualty, Maritime and Offshore, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Litigation|
Dominick F. Impastato, III maintains a trial practice in various areas at both the trial and appellate levels, including products liability, nursing home malpractice, insurance coverage disputes, maritime litigation, toxic tort and chemical exposures, premises liability, environmental litigation, small business commercial litigation, and motor vehicle litigation. Mr. Impastato has litigated and tried numerous cases since the date of his bar admission in various courts throughout Louisiana.
Dominick served as liaison and lead counsel in the St. Rita’s Nursing Home litigation resulting from the catastrophic deaths of the residents of St. Rita’s Nursing Home in St. Bernard Parish during Hurricane Katrina. He has represented families and workers to successful settlements and verdicts totaling tens of millions of dollars.
Mr. Impastato served as a contributing brief writer and appellate counsel with the Murray Law Firm in the appellate representation of the Plaintiffs in Grefer v. Alpha Technical, 2002 1237 (La. App. 4th Cir. 3/31/05), 901 So.2d 1117, which resulted in the denial of Exxon Mobil’s writ application before the Louisiana Supreme Court in 2005 and the award of more than $168,000,000 to the Plaintiffs.
Dominick Impastato graduated summa cum laude from Loyola School of Law in 2004, ranking 2nd in his graduating class and 1st in the Civil Law Section. While at Loyola Law School, he was a member of the National Moot Court Team, and he was awarded the Top Oral Advocate and Best Brief awards for the Southeast United States Regional Competition, among all law schools from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee. Mr. Impastato was also a member of the Loyola Law Review, in which he authored, Louisiana Revised Statute Section 37:91 Removing Accountability From the Accounting Profession, 49 Loy. L. Rev. 553 (2003). Prior to law school, he received a B.S. in Finance from Louisiana State University, where he was a member of Acacia Fraternity, the Louisiana Student Senate, and President of the LSU College of Business.
In 2014, Dominick was elected to the Kenner City Council, where he served until 2017. In 2017, he was elected to the Jefferson Parish Council, representing District 4 in Jefferson Parish. He is also a graduate of the Loyola Institute of Politics.
Mr. Impastato was named a Fellow of the Louisiana Bar Foundation, a member of St. Thomas More Inn of Court, a member of the Louisiana Bar Association, American Bar Association, Louisiana Association for Justice, and the Academy of New Orleans Trial Lawyers. He is also President of the Acacia Fraternity House Corporation at LSU, past President of the Archbishop Rummel Alumni Association, Board Member of the American-Italian Sports Hall of Fame, Board Member of the New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame, and a volunteer baseball coach for the Kenner Recreation Department for more than 15 years.
Other lawyers in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Massa, Rebecca M. - 2 views
- DiLeo, Gregory Pius - 2 views
- Stelly, William Chad - 6 views
- Garner, James M. - 3 views
- Harris, Melissa Rome - 10 views
- Wolf, Brittany R. - 4 views
- Weimer, Robert Theodore IV - 7 views
- Koch, R. Joshua Jr. - 2 views
- Impastato , Vincent P. - 7 views
- Harang, Linda S. - 5 views
Popular lawyers in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Powers, Rhett M - 9 views
- Berg, Claire E. - 12 views
- Crane, Gabriel - 10 views
- Cerise, Jonathan B. - 12 views
- Kessler, Jeffrey D. - 9 views
- Luminais, Ryan O. - 8 views
- Fontana, Wayne J. - 8 views
- Schenck, Amanda Russo - 8 views
- Jones, L. Blake - 9 views
- Frischhertz, Marc - 13 views
Most rated lawyers in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Bowerman, Kristie L. - 0 votes
- Bludworth, Darnell - 0 votes
- Armbruster, Stephen F. - 0 votes
- Harris, Melissa Rome - 0 votes
- Russo , Amanda N. - 0 votes
- Impastato, Anthony Joseph - 0 votes
- Kessler, Jeffrey D. - 0 votes
- Clayton Phillips, Sarah A - 0 votes
- Garand, Carson M. - 0 votes
- Naquin, Rachel M. - 0 votes