Address: 54 State St. Ste. 900, Albany, NY 12207
Lawyer Firm: O’Connell & Aronowitz PC
|Areas of Practice||Creditor’s Rights and Collections|
Matthew Jackson is a Partner concentrating his practice in the Commercial Litigation, Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy, Corporate and Business Law and Real Estate practice areas. He has substantial experience representing domestic and international businesses, lending institutions and Fortune 500 companies with secured transactions, problem loans, guarantor litigation, financing matters and general commercial litigation. He also has extensive experience in matters related to automobile, boat, construction and agricultural dealership financing, litigation, replevin and dispute resolution.
Mr. Jackson has experience in consumer bankruptcy matters including the preparation of proofs of claim, notices of appearance, reaffirmation agreements, motions for relief from stay, and the enforcement of creditors’ rights. He has also handled multi-jurisdictional bankruptcy litigation, including representation of creditors in complex Chapter 11 matters and adversary proceedings.
With experience in a range of corporate matters, Mr. Jackson handles business formation, shareholder operating agreements, disputes and litigation, and general business counseling. He also represents shareholders in matters involving the enforcement of shareholder rights, including the prosecution and defense of corporate dissolution matters.
Mr. Jackson also concentrates his practice in collections law where he provides full-service collection representation including litigation, post-judgment enforcement, wage garnishments, property executions, lien enforcement, and the negotiation of voluntary payment agreements. He also handles commercial and residential real estate and landlord-tenant matters.
Mr. Jackson is President of the Upstate New York Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association. He also served a six-year term on the Board of the Colonie Youth Center, Inc., including a two-year term as President. He also served as Director, Treasurer and Vice President of the Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association and Director and President of Creditors Association of Upstate New York.
Mr. Jackson has a BV Peer Rating and has consistently been named to the Upstate New York Super Lawyers list, a distinction earned by less than 5% of the attorneys in the state. He is also a member of the University of Rochester Sports Hall of Fame.
Other lawyers in Albany, Georgia
- Chase, Glenn D. - 2 views
- Copps, Anne Reynolds - 7 views
- Jureller, Paul D. - 9 views
- Edge, James H. (Jim) - 8 views
- Breault, Adam M. - 11 views
- Calareso, JulieAnn Esq. - 4 views
- Zappia, Graig F. Esq. - 3 views
- Ross, David R - 6 views
- Deinhart, Brian D. - 4 views
- Meyers, Richard M. - 1 views
Popular lawyers in Albany, Georgia
- Sullivan, Jeffrey - 13 views
- Barclay, Kathleen A. - 9 views
- Weekley, Roland - 9 views
- Smith, L. Clayton Jr. - 9 views
- Teresi, Gregory J. - 11 views
- Savitt, Meredith H. - 24 views
- Ryan, Kathleen M. - 8 views
- Hess, Robert - 17 views
- Crummey, Carol E. - 11 views
- Jureller, Paul D. - 9 views
Most rated lawyers in Albany, Georgia
- Berglund, William F. - 0 votes
- Youngblood, Charles - 0 votes
- Molinaro, Kayla M. - 0 votes
- French, Brett D. - 0 votes
- Jackson, Matthew - 0 votes
- DuVall, Willis A. Jr. - 0 votes
- Conklin-Mabey, Kathryn - 0 votes
- Moore, James H. (Jim) III - 0 votes
- Cavanagh, Michael P. - 0 votes
- Lowry, Michael - 0 votes