Jerkins, Jonathan “Jay” Mack Jr.
Address: 4030 Wake Forest Road Suite 300, Raleigh, NC 27609
Lawyer Firm: Jerkins Family Law
|Areas of Practice||Family Law, Child Custody, Divorce & Separation, Child Support, Equitable Distribution (property), Spousal Support, Domestic Violence and No Contact Orders, Estate Planning, Pre and Post-nupital Agreements|
|Description||Jonathan "Jay" Jerkins, a native of Raleigh, North Carolina, intentionally focuses his practice on all aspects of North Carolina family law litigation and negotiations. Jay was admitted to the practice of law in North Carolina in 2014.
Jay received his Juris Doctor from North Carolina Central University School of Law. While in law school, Jay represented clients in divorce and child custody matters and served as a volunteer Guardian ad Litem for children. He also represented NCCU School of Law in several trial competitions throughout the country. Prior to law school, Jay received his Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in Psychology and Sociology from University of North Carolina at Charlotte in 2011.
Jay started Jerkins Family Law in 2016 to better position himself to educate and serve his community. He serves as a volunteer with Wake County Teen Court, mentors young males, and serves weekly in his local church.
Before opening Jerkins Family Law, Jay worked as an associate at a family law firm in Raleigh, North Carolina. He represented clients in a variety of domestic matter in Wake, Durham, and Orange counties. Previously, Jay served as an Assistant District Attorney in Durham County, where he gained invaluable courtroom experience. He is a member of the Family Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association. He is also a member of the Wake County Bar Association, American Bar Association, and the Capital City Lawyer’s Association.
Outside of law, Jay loves spending time with his family and traveling. Recently taking up running, he runs several half marathons in the community and is looking to participate in his first marathon and triathlon. Additionally, he likes listening to live music, watching sports, and aggressively cheering on the Carolina Panthers and the N.C. State Wolfpack!
Other lawyers in Raleigh, North Carolina
- O’Malley, Kathleen - 4 views
- Saad, Steven - 3 views
- Aldridge, W. Sidney - 6 views
- Shive, Colin - 9 views
- Meyer, Jaye Powell - 2 views
- Morelock, Fred M. - 9 views
- Burleson, Lynn P. - 7 views
- Barnes, Jim - 2 views
- Allen, Brady - 10 views
- Weatherford, Emily C. - 5 views
Popular lawyers in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Ramee, Neal Andrew - 7 views
- Burleson, Lynn P. - 7 views
- Abrams, Douglas B. - 11 views
- Jerkins, Jonathan “Jay” Mack Jr. - 10 views
- Abrams, Melissa N. - 12 views
- O’Malley, Susan M. - 24 views
- Sink, Kevin L. - 7 views
- Hill, Melissa - 6 views
- Heath, Katelyn B. - 12 views
- Gottsegen, Adam Mark - 9 views
Most rated lawyers in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Pendergrass, James K. Jr. - 0 votes
- Hale, Robert H. Jr. - 0 votes
- Szymankiewicz, John R. Esq., PE - 0 votes
- Dozier, Chris - 0 votes
- Smith, Roger W. Sr. - 0 votes
- Allen, Brady - 0 votes
- Kingsbery, Douglas E. - 0 votes
- Dedmond, Heath - 0 votes
- Tunstall, Joseph P. III - 0 votes
- Abrams, Noah Breen - 0 votes