Address: 135 N. Pennsylvania Street Suite 1175, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Lawyer Firm: Kammen & Moudy
|Areas of Practice||Criminal Defense, Complex Crimes, White-Collar Defense, Health Care Issues, Death Penalty Defense|
Richard Kammen is a practicing criminal defense lawyer with his office in Indianapolis, Indiana. He concentrates his practice in white-collar defense, complex crimes, health care issues as well as death penalty defense. He is a partner at Kammen & Moudy. He graduated from Ripon College cum laude in 1968 and New York University School of Law in 1971. Admitted to the Bar in 1971, he began his practice after service in the United States Army.
During his professional career, Mr. Kammen has served as a public defender in the Marion County Courts on two occasions, 1972-1974 and 1978-1979.
He presently maintains an active criminal defense practice in both the state and federal courts, acting as both retained and appointed counsel. He has represented clients charged with offenses ranging in seriousness from felony drunk driving to racketeering and capital murder.
Mr. Kammen has defended many homicide cases including death penalty cases, including State of Indiana v. Charles Smith, a retrial of a reversed death penalty conviction in which the defendant was found not guilty.
He has been appointed by the United States District Courts to represent capitally charged defendants throughout the United States, including such cases as:
United States v. Raymond Cheely, where the government’s request for the death penalty was dismissed as improper.United States v. Reginald Brown, where the government’s request for the death penalty and underlying murder charges were dismissed because the defendant was innocent.United States v. Joe Minerd, in which the defendant, convicted of killing his pregnant girlfriend and her three-year-old with a bomb, received a life sentence.
A frequent speaker and lecturer on criminal defense issues, Mr. Kammen has spoken in almost every state and federal circuit. He has been a member of the faculty of the National Criminal Defense College since 1982 and the Trial Lawyers College since 2001.
Mr. Kammen is the recipient of the Pro Bono Award given by the Indiana Bar Association.
Other lawyers in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Nelson, Michael O. - 5 views
- Ciobanu , Viorel - 15 views
- Deeter, Ellen M. - 10 views
- Trentadue, Michael A. - 3 views
- Winingham, William E. Jr. - 2 views
- Howard, Anna M. JD - 7 views
- Adams, Jeffrey A. - 4 views
- Emswiller, Claire - 7 views
- Sallee, Todd L. - 8 views
- Hahn, Stephanie Jane - 7 views
Popular lawyers in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Trapp, Angela Field - 10 views
- Rivas, Oscar Adkins Jr. - 10 views
- Deeter, Ellen M. - 10 views
- Garau, Jerry A. - 12 views
- Ratliff, Anthony B. - 21 views
- Sunday, Jared S. - 9 views
- Moudy, Joshua - 12 views
- DuBach, James M. - 9 views
- Deeter, David D. - 17 views
- Melton, Shannon Lowell - 11 views
Most rated lawyers in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Severns, Scott R. JD CELA - 0 votes
- Rivas, Oscar Adkins Jr. - 0 votes
- Meisenhelder, Jay - 0 votes
- Jeselskis, Kimberly D. Esq. - 0 votes
- Bishop, John B. - 0 votes
- Clouser, Jordan Kelby - 0 votes
- Rainbolt, Geffrey D. - 0 votes
- Glazier, Steven J. - 0 votes
- Robertson, Joshua T. - 0 votes
- Willis, Lewis E. Jr. - 0 votes