Karacsonyi, Esq., Josef M.
Address: 1745 Village Center Cir., Las Vegas, NV 89134
Lawyer Firm: The Dickerson Karacsonyi Law Group
|Areas of Practice|
Josef M. Karacsonyi practices exclusively in the areas of family law, civil litigation, and personal injury litigation. Josef is a member of the State Bar of Nevada and the Florida Bar. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada.
Josef was elected to the Executive Council for the State Bar of Nevada Family Law Section, and has served on the Executive Council since 2011. Josef also served on the Advisory Council to the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada Pro Bono Project from 2012 to 2016. Josef’s commitment to serving those in need was recognized with his receipt of the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s Louis Wiener Pro Bono Service Award in 2014, and contributed to The Dickerson Karacsonyi Law Group receiving the Pro Bono Project Small Firm of the Year award in 2012. Josef also served as Co-Chair of the State Bar of Nevada Family Law Section’s Child Witness Committee, and has contributed to and co-drafted Amicus Curiae briefs submitted by the Family Law Section to the Supreme Court of Nevada.
Josef frequently presents in the area of family law. Josef co-presented “Ethics and Very Hard Choices in Evidence” at the State Bar of Nevada’s Annual Family Law Conference in 2012, and co-presented on the issue of civility at the same conference in 2013. Josef co-authored “Malpractice Traps When Preparing and Reviewing Prenuptial Agreements” for the State Bar of Nevada Advanced Family Law Program in 2011, and “The Great Debates,” a presentation on the topics of child support jurisdiction, unconscionability in premarital agreements, and the modification and merger of marital settlement agreements, for the same program in 2012. In 2014, Josef assisted the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada in organizing a series of courses on the basics of family law, and co-presented the first part of the series on divorce process and procedure. In 2016, Josef assisted the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada in organizing, and moderated, “As Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorneys Make in Family Court,” a presentation and discussion with seven Family Court Judges from the Eighth Judicial District Court, Clark County, Nevada.
Prior to entering private practice, Josef served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable T. Arthur Ritchie, Jr. during Judge Ritchie’s tenure as Presiding Judge of the Eighth Judicial District Court, Family Division.
Josef received his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Southern California in 2003, and earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law in 2006. During law school, Josef was a member and editor of the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review, and received awards for the highest grade in Legal Research and Writing, Legislation, Civil Procedure II, and Trusts and Estates.
Other lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Perdue, Keely - 7 views
- Dickerson, Esq., Robert P. - 2 views
- Rouse, Mark Alexander - 1 views
- Nubel, Daniel - 1 views
- Ganci, Simone Chantalle - 9 views
- Beeson, Audrey J. - 8 views
- Schwartz, Ralph A. - 4 views
- Temple, Jefferson C. - 6 views
- Melendrez, Martin I. - 15 views
- Dwiggins, Dana A. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Dimopoulos, Steve - 10 views
- Goldstein, Steven M. - 7 views
- Ganci, Simone Chantalle - 9 views
- Laird, Danial M.D., J.D. - 8 views
- Florence, Jody M. - 7 views
- Goldsmith, Dara J. - 10 views
- Ellison, Elizabeth - 8 views
- Loraditch, Anne M. - 12 views
- Kolber, Ann E. Esq. - 10 views
- Goodin, Gary David - 10 views
Most rated lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Johnson, Kimberly - 0 votes
- Luszeck, Jeffrey P. - 0 votes
- Ganci, Simone Chantalle - 0 votes
- Alterwitz, Daryl S. - 0 votes
- Perdue, Keely - 0 votes
- Myers, Bradley J. - 0 votes
- Escobar, Christy Brad - 0 votes
- Karacsonyi, Esq., Natalie E. - 0 votes
- Florence, Jody M. - 0 votes
- Engleman, Richard - 0 votes