Keane, Martin J.
Address: Bank of America Tower, International Place 100 Southeast Second Street 44th Floor, Miami, FL 33131
Lawyer Firm: Genovese Joblove & Battista, P.A.
|Areas of Practice||Commercial Litigation, Employment Law, Franchise|
Martin J. Keane specializes in franchise and commercial litigation as well as employment law. As a member of the firm’s commercial litigation practice, Keane represents franchisors in litigation matters involving trademark protection and intellectual property rights, franchise terminations, discrimination claims and other disputes. In the context of employment law, he represents clients in defending against employee claims of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
Keane has additional experience in bankruptcy and white-collar criminal law, including representing financial institution creditors in Bankruptcy Court on contested matters. He also has experience in handling delinquent tax restitution compliance.
He is active in both professional and civic organizations such as the Children’s Home Society and Dade County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Minority Bar Passage Program. In addition, he has been selected as an "Up & Comer" by South Florida Legal Guide.
Keane is a member of The Florida Bar and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida. He received his juris doctor, cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law in 2001, where he was a member of the Entertainment and Sports Law Review and served on the Moot Court Board. While in law school, he interned for U.S. District Court Judge Shelby Highsmith and represented the University of Miami in the Conrad Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Competition at St. John’s University. He earned his bachelor of arts, cum laude, in political science and sport management, from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst in 1998 where he was the arts editor and a member of the Editorial Board for The Massachusetts Daily Collegian, the largest daily collegiate newspaper in New England.
Update Keane, Martin J. information | View Google Map
Other lawyers in Miami, Florida
- Haber, Dennis R. - 4 views
- Levy, Jay M. - 8 views
- Fee, James F. Jr. - 25 views
- Leighton, John Elliott - 4 views
- Silvia, Chelsea T. Esq. - 3 views
- Smith, Derek - 9 views
- Yates, Brian P. - 1 views
- Remer, Jason S. Esq. - 4 views
- Brock, Robert W. II Esq. - 3 views
- Stiphany, Gary T. - 5 views
Popular lawyers in Miami, Florida
- Levey, Lewis J. - 11 views
- Aiello, Paul - 11 views
- Doliner, Deborah - 9 views
- Rius, Ashley Katherine - 9 views
- Horn, Andrew W. Esq. - 8 views
- Gonzalez, Nadia - 14 views
- Battista, Paul J. - 10 views
- Reiner, Samuel B. II Esq. - 9 views
- Alden, Christine J. - 10 views
- Bado, Jean-Pierre - 13 views
Most rated lawyers in Miami, Florida
- Gallon, J. Ken - 0 votes
- Cuevas, Andrew - 0 votes
- Pacheco, Norma Iglesias - 0 votes
- Horn, Andrew W. Esq. - 0 votes
- Olin, Michael S. - 0 votes
- Gammill, Warren P. - 0 votes
- Franco, Rodrigo Duarte - 0 votes
- Beckham, Robert J. Jr. - 0 votes
- Quesada, Marco A. - 0 votes
- Keshen, Nelson C. Esq. - 0 votes