Kennedy, John J. Jr.
Address: Long Wharf Maritime Center 555 Long Wharf Drive, Suite 13A, New Haven, CT 06511
Lawyer Firm: Kennedy, Johnson, Schwab & Roberge, L.L.C.
|Areas of Practice||Automobile Accident, Premises Liability, Medical Malpractice, Product Liability, Civil Disputes, Workers Compensation, Car Accidents|
John J. Kennedy, Jr., is the founding partner of Kennedy, Johnson, Schwab & Roberge, L.L.C. In 1988, John formed Kennedy & Johnson, along with David Johnson. John is an accomplished trial attorney, spending most of his 40 years practicing in Connecticut, representing injured clients before juries.
After almost four decades practicing law, John still finds trying cases to juries in automobile accident, premises liability, medical malpractice and product liability cases his passion. In addition to handling complex jury trials, John has decades of experience handling cases before trial, mediating and arbitrating matters and negotiating claims on behalf of his clients.
John was honored to be one of just 500 lawyers in the United States inducted into the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. John is also an active member of the New Haven County Bar Association and served as president of that organization in 1991-1992. John participates in the American Association for Justice and the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, of which he was president in 2011-2012. He is also a member of ABOTA and a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
John believes in the importance of a lawyer’s knowledge of the law in effective representation of clients. Therefore, John has often served as a lecturer to his peers at continuing legal education programs through the Connecticut Bar Association, the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and the New Haven County Bar Association.
John is admitted to practice at the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut and for the Eastern, Southern and Northern districts of New York and the United States Claims Court, as well as all the state courts in Connecticut. He currently serves as co-chair of the Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
John is listed in Best Lawyers in America in the areas of medical malpractice, personal injury and product liability. In 2015 and 2017, John was named Best Lawyers’ New Haven Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year. In 2016, John was named Best Lawyers’ 2016 New Haven Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year. In 2017, John was recognized in Connecticut Super Lawyers’ 2017 Top 10 List.
A native of Connecticut, John lives in Cheshire with his wife of 40 years, Sandy. John travels between trials when he can. He also enjoys cooking, reading a good novel and spending time with his children and grandchildren.
Other lawyers in New Haven, Connecticut
- Coan, Richard M. - 4 views
- Dow, William F. III - 6 views
- Stone, Brian M. - 4 views
- Einhorn, Jonathan J. - 9 views
- Bellis, Stephen R. - 4 views
- Bellair, Marisa A. - 0 views
- Morris, Trisha M. - 5 views
- Roberge, Stephanie Z. - 4 views
- Emanuel, Richard - 0 views
- Leventhal, Scott A. Esq. - 0 views
Popular lawyers in New Haven, Connecticut
- Berdon, Peter A. - 13 views
- Annecchino, Louis A. - 9 views
- Popilowski, Matthew D. - 6 views
- Sinoway, Barry J. - 18 views
- Scholfield, Daniel P. - 7 views
- Baker, Dean W. - 10 views
- Gillis (1935-2002), Howard T. - 6 views
- Noyes, Nancy A. - 14 views
- Armas, Jeffrey S. - 10 views
- Robbins-Pesce, Harrison - 21 views
Most rated lawyers in New Haven, Connecticut
- Nelligan, Brendan K. - 0 votes
- Marcarelli, Ralph E. Hon. Esq. - 0 votes
- Carty, Paul V. - 0 votes
- Mitler, Laura S. - 0 votes
- Annecchino, Louis A. - 0 votes
- Gettinger, Benjamin - 0 votes
- Armas, Jeffrey S. - 0 votes
- Pellegrino, Bernard - 0 votes
- Saffer, Michael D. - 0 votes
- Koch, Isabelle L. Esq. - 0 votes