Kirby, Dean T. Jr.
Address: 707 Broadway Suite 1750, San Diego, CA 92101
Lawyer Firm: Kirby & McGuinn, A P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Commercial Bankruptcy, Commercial Collection, Secured Transactions, Foreclosure Litigation, Bankruptcy Litigation, Lending & Commercial Transactions, Loan Servicing, Receiverships & Foreclosure, Creditor Rights, Commercial Banks, Lending & Secured Transactions, Loan Workouts, Mortgages & Foreclosures, Savings & Thrifts, Commercial Leasing, Transactions, Uniform Commercial Code, Federal Appellate Practice, State Appellate Practice, Title Insurance|
Dean’s practice concentrates in the areas of Commercial Bankruptcy, Lending & Commercial Transactions, and Creditor Rights. He has extensive experience in the following types of matters, among many others:
Documenting lending transactions, loan restructures and workoutsRepresenting secured creditors in bankruptcy cases to obtain relief from the automatic stay, or to oppose chapter 11 or chapter 13 plan confirmation.Representing receivers and bankruptcy trustees as general or special counsel.Defending creditors who are sued by receivers or bankruptcy trustees to set aside preferences or other avoidable transfers.Representing buyers wishing to purchase assets of a bankruptcy estate.Representing lenders in foreclosure litigation.Representing the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in chapter 11 cases.Prosecuting and defending appeals in the state and federal courts.
Dean has been appointed to serve as an examiner and as a trustee in chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. He has also served as a chapter 7 trustee. In 2005, he was honored by the United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California as Mediator of the Year.
Dean is certified by the American Board of Certification as a specialist in the field of Creditor Rights. He is also certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in Bankruptcy. He is the only San Diego lawyer to have achieved certification in both Creditor Rights and Bankruptcy.
Dean’s blog “Bankruptcy Beach” covers developments in bankruptcy law from a creditor’s perspective, with an emphasis on California and the Ninth Circuit.
Dean is rated AV® by Martindale-Hubbell, their highest rating of skill and integrity, indicating very high to pre-eminent legal ability and very high ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from members of the bar. Dean is rated “Superb” by Avvo.com, their highest rating, and was selected for inclusion in the 2008, ’09 ‘10 and 2011 editions of San Diego Super Lawyers.
Other lawyers in San Diego, California
- Leon, Nicole Antoinette - 7 views
- Frazier, Alyssa - 12 views
- Gritz, Eric - 4 views
- Garrett, Kathryn L - 4 views
- Shaw, Leslie S. - 2 views
- Colley, Stephen A. - 11 views
- Glassey, Sharon E. - 5 views
- Garrison, Gregory M. - 4 views
- Sakata, Clifford - 0 views
- Finkbeiner, Scott H. - 5 views
Popular lawyers in San Diego, California
- Yelman, Tara L. Esq. - 10 views
- Rangel, Jenna - 11 views
- Encinias, Anna - 10 views
- Ryan, Robert - 8 views
- Lusher, Tara R. Esq. - 8 views
- Colley, Stephen A. - 11 views
- Dagan, Samuel - 10 views
- Murray, Jeanne W. - 8 views
- Rand, Karl A. - 9 views
- Deniz, Mark L. Esq. - 9 views
Most rated lawyers in San Diego, California
- Sterling, Randall C. - 0 votes
- Cadora, Kevin L. - 0 votes
- Yum, Anna R. - 0 votes
- Kim, Charles Wesley Jr. Esq. - 0 votes
- Avina, Zachary J.D. - 0 votes
- Shaw, Leslie S. - 0 votes
- Greene, Terence L. - 0 votes
- Parkman, Sharmila Roy Esq. - 0 votes
- Lillig, Rebecca M. - 0 votes
- Fonner, Kimberley A. - 0 votes