Koehler, James F.
Address: 1111 Superior Avenue East Suite 2500, Cleveland, OH 44114
Lawyer Firm: Koehler Fitzgerald LLC
|Areas of Practice||Securities Litigation, Securities Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Business Law, Trusts and Estates|
James F. Koehler is a founding member of the firm who focuses his practice on securities litigation and broker-dealer representation.
Mr. Koehler has litigation experience in trial and appellate courts (state and federal) in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, New York, Texas and California. He has handled court cases involving federal securities laws (class and derivative suits, broker-dealer and investment advisor actions), attorney and accountant malpractice, Uniform Commercial Code, contracts, finance, lender liability, international banking, RICO, corporate law, partnership law, employee relations, real estate and estates and trusts. Additionally, he has argued several cases before the Ohio Supreme Court.
Mr. Koehler has represented broker-dealers in several dozen FINRA Dispute Resolution arbitrations throughout the United States in matters involving customer claims of fraud, unsuitability, selling-away, breach of fiduciary duty, and violations of federal securities and blue sky laws.
Mr. Koehler’s transactional experience includes serving as counsel for diversified U.S. and international corporate clients, including Reg. D issuers, limited partnerships in tax shelter areas, and clients in China and Israel. In addition, he has handled mergers and acquisitions and prepared 1934 Act Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
Mr. Koehler is Member of the Case Western Reserve University School of Law Visiting Committee. He is the past President of the boards of the Lake-Geauga Recovery Centers, Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Greater Cleveland and Ohio Stroke Association.
Mr. Koehler is a member of the American, Ohio State, and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Associations, the ABA Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities, and the ABA Committee on State Regulation of Securities. Ohio Super Lawyers and the publishers of Cincinnati Magazine have named Mr. Koehler an Ohio Super Lawyer from 2010 – 2016 for business litigation. In addition, Mr. Koehler has achieved the highest rating in Martindale-Hubbell.
Update Koehler, James F. information | View Google Map
Other lawyers in Cleveland, Ohio
- Yasinow, Melissa A. - 5 views
- Michel, David S. - 1 views
- Szubski, Grace A. - 8 views
- Pinney, Jon J. - 9 views
- Weingrad, Stephen C. - 10 views
- Spotz, Richard T. Jr. - 3 views
- Groza, Jon W. - 13 views
- Storey, John O. - 2 views
- Stewart, Janet R. - 9 views
- Johnson, Richard Gibbs Esq. - 0 views
Popular lawyers in Cleveland, Ohio
- Reedy, Amy - 10 views
- Joseph, Kathryn Theresa Esq. - 16 views
- Young, D.J. Esq. - 13 views
- Roth, Lisa J. - 10 views
- Kraemer, Lisa R. - 12 views
- Stewart, Janet R. - 9 views
- Gupta, Sandhya - 11 views
- Jeffries, Amy A. - 10 views
- Kotnik, Donald P. - 10 views
- Polito, John S. - 13 views
Most rated lawyers in Cleveland, Ohio
- Skall, David W. - 0 votes
- Roth, Lisa J. - 0 votes
- Hochman, David B. - 0 votes
- Bashein, Richard W. - 0 votes
- Yeh, Michele R. - 0 votes
- Thompson, James S. - 0 votes
- Sebaugh, Beth A. - 0 votes
- Kampman, Brian F. - 0 votes
- Archer, John P. - 0 votes
- Rauss, Alan M. - 0 votes