Kuntz, Mary E.
Address: 818 Connecticut Ave., NW Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20006
Lawyer Firm: Kalijarvi, Chuzi, Newman & Fitch, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Security Clearance, Suitability Determinations, Employment Discrimination, Disability, Family Medical Leave, Wage and Hour Claims|
MARY KUNTZ joined KCNF in November 2014 and became a Partner in January of 2018. She received her education at Washington University in St. Louis (B.A. magna cum laude 1979) and Yale University (Ph.D., Classical Languages and Literatures, 1985). From 1985 until 2006 Ms. Kuntz was a professor of classical languages and literatures and, from 2001 to 2005, she directed the Women’s Studies Program at Auburn University.
Ms. Kuntz is a 2008 graduate of the George Washington University Law School. While in law school, Ms. Kuntz interned at the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, working on a project funded by the Ford Foundation studying the remediation of sex and race discrimination in the workplace. She also worked on amicus briefs before the Supreme Court and courts of appeal while an intern at AARP.
Before joining KCNF, Ms. Kuntz spent six years at another firm litigating employment matters in the federal and private sectors and focusing primarily on discrimination, disability, family medical leave and wage and hour claims, as well as management training and advising. With her own experience as a tenured professor, Ms. Kuntz has proven effective helping academics appeal denials of tenure and promotion.
Ms. Kuntz is admitted to the bars of the Commonwealth of Virginia, the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; the U.S. District Court, District of Columbia; U.S. District Court, Eastern District Virginia. Ms. Kuntz is a member of the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association, the National Employment Lawyers Association, and the Women’s Bar Association.
Other lawyers in Washington,
- Morenz-Harbinger, Mark A. - 1 views
- Mykytiuk, Jay P. Esq. - 5 views
- Bernstein, Katharine N. - 13 views
- Dille, Bryce H. - 11 views
- Akiona, Ululani “Lani” - 4 views
- Michael, Angela - 0 views
- Heritage, Joyce - 9 views
- Hatch, David S. - 2 views
- Causseaux, Stephen K. Jr. - 6 views
- Bullock, Robert S. Esq., CELA, CAP - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Washington,
- Shi, H. Henry - 14 views
- Fredley, Steven A. - 8 views
- Kozma, Daniel S. - 8 views
- Pasekoff, Marc E. - 31 views
- Asarnow, Alison - 16 views
- Kumin, Avi - 18 views
- Renner, Richard R. - 11 views
- Newman, Elizabeth L. - 8 views
- Marx, Jared P. - 17 views
- Eisenmann, James M. - 14 views
Most rated lawyers in Washington,
- O’Donnell, Patrick P. - 0 votes
- Crenshaw, Janina R. - 0 votes
- Shiao, Jonathan Chia Ying - 0 votes
- Bullock, Robert S. Esq., CELA, CAP - 0 votes
- Wood, Amanda L. - 0 votes
- Norvell, Susannah J. - 0 votes
- Siegwart , Kristan A. - 0 votes
- Silbey, Alexander T. - 0 votes
- Bagg, Jennifer P. - 0 votes
- Baker, Elisabeth M. - 0 votes