Laird, Danial M.D., J.D.
Address: ONE Summerlin 1980 Festival Plaza Drive, Ste. 270, Las Vegas, NV 89135
Lawyer Firm: The Gage Law Firm, PLLC
|Areas of Practice|
Danial Laird, MD, JD brings 20 years of experience as a medical doctor to help patients and their families pursue malpractice lawsuits against hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and the federal government. Mr. Laird is actively licensed in Nevada as both an attorney and as a physician.
Mr. Laird grew up in south central Idaho not far from the Nevada border town of Jackpot. After graduating from the University of Idaho summa cum laude with a degree in Vertebrate Zoology, he attended medical school at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle. Mr. Laird remained at the University of Washington School of Medicine for residency and fellowship training. He received a University of Idaho Alumni Award, a Chancellor’s Scholarship, and other awards for academic excellence including honors designation in several basic sciences and clinical rotations in medical school.
After medical school, Mr. Laird practiced as a physician in Vail, Colorado, Denver, and Seattle. He served in numerous leadership positions in various medical organizations including as Chair of the Board of Directors of the nation’s largest medical specialty political action committee. He served on medical school admissions committees, patient safety committees, professionalism committees, and quality assurance committees. He administered a physician peer review quality assurance program and was actively involved in granting hospital privileges to other physicians and to mid-level providers. Mr. Laird worked for several years as a medical school faculty physician teaching medical students and residents.
Mr. Laird attended law school at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, receiving CALI Awards for Excellence in several subjects including Professional Ethics, Evidence, Family Law, and Workers Compensation. He was a finalist in the ABA Western Regional Negotiation Competition. Mr. Laird is a graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College.
When medical misadventure is suspected by a patient or his or her family, Mr. Laird uses his medical knowledge, years of clinical experience, and detailed understanding of the inner workings of hospitals and health care organizations to aggressively find the truth for his clients and hold those responsible for medical errors accountable.
As the grandson of a World War I Veteran and the uncle of an actively-serving US Marine, Mr. Laird holds enormous respect and gratitude for Veterans and active-duty military families. He considers it a great privilege to represent Veterans and military patients who have been injured by substandard medical care provided by the United States Government. Mr. Laird has successfully prosecuted Federal Administrative Tort Claims (FTCA Claims) against the Department of Veterans Affairs and the federal Government on behalf of Veterans and active-duty military families.
In his free time, Mr. Laird enjoys reading, music, writing, travel, theater, and spending time with his family. He maintains a 60-gallon fresh water aquarium of Amazonian angel fish and enjoys spoiling his rescue cat, Nigel.
Other lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Hood, Joshua M. - 5 views
- Steadman, Brian K. - 5 views
- Barrett, Whitney - 2 views
- Johnson, Kimberly - 5 views
- Keating, John T. - 6 views
- Kiefer, Daniel P. - 4 views
- Hengstler, Joel - 4 views
- Temple, Jefferson C. - 6 views
- Guymon, Marjorie A. - 6 views
- Luszeck, Jeffrey P. - 1 views
Popular lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Angioni, Marco - 21 views
- Ganci, Simone Chantalle - 9 views
- Toti, Frank J. - 8 views
- Creasy, David O. - 8 views
- Myers, Bradley J. - 7 views
- Florence, Jody M. - 7 views
- Collins, Britannica D’Aja - 8 views
- Karacsonyi, Esq., Josef M. - 9 views
- Brouwers, Marcus John - 62 views
- Goldstein, Steven M. - 7 views
Most rated lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Alterwitz, Daryl S. - 0 votes
- Perdue, Keely - 0 votes
- Myers, Bradley J. - 0 votes
- Escobar, Christy Brad - 0 votes
- Karacsonyi, Esq., Natalie E. - 0 votes
- Florence, Jody M. - 0 votes
- Engleman, Richard - 0 votes
- Taruc, Justin Ramos - 0 votes
- Lindemuth, Kayleigh E. - 0 votes
- Abrams, Jennifer V. - 0 votes