Lalama, Jeffrey R.
Address: 428 Boulevard of the Allies Suite 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Lawyer Firm: Feldstein Grinberg Lang & Mckee PC
|Areas of Practice||Commercial Litigation, Business Litigation, Community Association Law, Creditors Rights|
"Just providing legal counsel is not enough. It’s vital that we think in relation to business strategies and our clients’ personal goals as well."
In 1986, while in his second year of the law school program at Duquesne University, Jeff Lalama joined Feldstein Grinberg Lang & McKee as a full-time law clerk. He passed the bar in 1988 and was immediately invited to join the firm as an associate. He was made a partner/shareholder in 1995 and has served as president of the firm since 2001. Jeff works as both a Litigator and Client Counselor, primarily with Banks, and Businesses and Commercial Enterprises.
Jeff’s approach to law is to deeply understand both the short- and long-term issues affecting a client’s case and business. He then offers his legal expertise to counsel people in a way that ensures full understanding of their options and the practical consequences of the legal advice they receive, the actions to be taken, and the decisions to be made.
Recent examples of this expertise include Jeff’s work in the successful and expeditious resolution of partnership dissolution matters. He helped the former partners equitably resolve the financial issues of their former business, without any interruption to their new, solo endeavors. For another client, he oversaw the successful workout of a troubled $5 million loan, thereby allowing his client to realize full payment without bankruptcy or foreclosure.
In the courtroom, Jeff has recently won a substantial verdict for a scrap metal supplier against a publicly traded manufacturer, and had succeeded in having a multi-million dollar judgment stricken against his clients as guarantors and participants in a large real estate development.
Jeff is licensed and admitted to practice in the state, federal and bankruptcy courts in the states of Pennsylvania and Ohio, and is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, and was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in 2007 in the area of Creditors’ Rights.
Jeff lives in Bethel Park with his wife Alex and his two daughters, Sammy and Natalie, the two, along with Jeff being long-time members of the South Hills YMCA Indian Princess Community. Jeff is also active coaching his daughters’ softball teams.
Other lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Flaherty, Mary McKinney - 3 views
- O’Donnell, Brendan A. - 3 views
- Bennett, Mark F. - 4 views
- Musial, Megan - 7 views
- Sell, Leah K. Esq. - 3 views
- Williams, Douglas A. - 8 views
- Abes, Edward Jaffee - 4 views
- Papciak, Justin T. - 6 views
- Judson, Linda - 3 views
- Louik, Michael - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Devine, Bryan C. - 28 views
- Bower Sheats, Mary J.D. - 10 views
- D’Onofrio, John A - 13 views
- Williams, Kelly A. - 15 views
- Lee, Linell - 9 views
- Farber, Alan I. - 9 views
- Diaz, Carlos R. - 13 views
- Crew, Shannon L. - 9 views
- Timko, Karen S. CELA - 10 views
- Coleman, Craig E. - 9 views
Most rated lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Kisner, Kimberly J. Esq. - 0 votes
- Farber, Alan I. - 0 votes
- Miller, Alan S. - 0 votes
- Petrich, Frank A. CFP, CELA - 0 votes
- Boyd, Mary Margaret Esq. - 0 votes
- Dillon, Betty A. Esquire - 0 votes
- Murphy, Howard F. - 0 votes
- Cohen, David I. - 0 votes
- Bock, Jack P. III, Esquire - 0 votes
- Gray, Julian E. CELA - 0 votes