LaRosa, John M. Esq.
Address: 1225 King Street Suite 802, Wilmington, DE 19801
Lawyer Firm: LaRosa & Associates
|Areas of Practice||Employment Law, Other Civil Rights|
Meet John M. LaRosa
As the son of a union carpenter and a nurse, attorney John LaRosa learned to appreciate the value of hard work at a very young age. Entering the world of employment at 14, John quickly noticed how delicate the balance of power within the workplace can be, and how frequently injustices can arise. It was for these very reasons that John made the decision to dedicate his talents to fighting for the inherent rights of individuals and small businesses. Having worked himself up from fast food worker to a respected attorney and owner of his own firm, John is motivated and dedicated to standing up for the rights of others in the workplace and maintaining justice in the field of employment law. This unique blend of experience, education, and passion makes John the very best advocate for employee rights.
After earning his bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, John quickly took on a position as a law clerk. Two years of work in this field provided him with even more insight into the nuances of the legal sector, and in 2000, he was admitted to practice law in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Today, John is a practicing attorney in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit sitting in Philadelphia, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Over the course of more than 17 years, John has seen and worked on hundreds of Plaintiff’s Employment Law cases. As a result, he is well versed in the minutia necessary to fight for his clients’ best interests and ensure that justice is served. He constantly is aware of the specific steps that must be taken – and when – in order to arrive at the best possible outcome. John’s dedication to establishing strong client relationships and maintaining open lines of communication makes it possible for him to make superior arguments for each individual case and client.
Areas of Expertise
Because virtually 100% of his practice is devoted to Employment Law, John understands how difficult it can be to feel like your employer always has the upper hand.
John represents clients in a variety of employment situations including the following:
• Severance Agreement Review, Separation Package Review, & Other Employment Counseling;• Employment Contract Negotiation;• Breach of Employment Contract including Non-Compete Agreements (a/k/a Restrictive Covenants);• Non-renewal of Employment Contract;• Wrongful Termination of Employment;• Retaliation, Reprisal, or Whistleblower Litigation including OSHA, DWPA, and CEPA;• Layoff, Downsizing, or Reduction in Force ("RIF") including the WARN Act;• Denial of Promotion, Denial of Hiring Job Applicant, Denial of Transfer, and Other Selection Cases;• Demotion and Involuntary Transfer;• Suspension, Administrative Leave, and Unpaid Leave;• Performance Improvement Plan ("PIP") and Other Disciplinary Action;• Constructive Discharge (a/k/a Forced Resignation or Forced Retirement);• ADEA and Age Discrimination Law; and• Sex Discrimination, Pregnancy Discrimination, and Other Title VII Cases.
In addition, John is proficient in areas related to Sexual Harassment and Hostile Work Environment; Sexual Orientation Discrimination; ADA and Disability Discrimination; Family and Medical Leave Act ("FMLA"); Race Discrimination, Color Discrimination, and Ethnic Discrimination (a/k/a National Origin Discrimination); Religious Discrimination; Marital Status Discrimination; Genetic Information Discrimination; Reverse Discrimination; Civil Rights; and Constitutional Law.
Because of his knowledge and extensive experience in representing employees at even the highest rungs of the corporate ladder, John is able to advocate for a wide range of clients. From the mature executive in the boardroom to the young newcomer who just started in the mailroom, anyone, regardless of their tenure or seniority within an organization, may find themselves in a position where employment counseling or advocacy is needed.
John’s comprehensive view of the corporate world provides him with a dedicated understanding of how to maximize benefits, preserve rights and push for social justice for each client he represents. As a result, John is able to put a human face on legal arguments, providing each client with highly professional, yet empathetic and personalized services. John’s goal is to make the legal process as smooth and seamless as possible for his clients. Through honesty, hard work, and a fire for upholding the law, John fights for the interests of those in need. By shouldering this burden on behalf of his clients, John is able to provide them with a voice, sound advice, and personal empowerment in a way that minimizes their stress levels during the course of their employment litigation.
More About John LaRosa
In addition to practicing law, John enjoys staying active with his family through swimming and other exercise and by competing on the tennis court. John also keeps up with the world of professional sports and supports Philadelphia’s teams including the Phillies, the Eagles, the 76ers, and the Flyers. In his free time, John makes sure to stay relaxed by visiting the local Delaware beaches and the Jersey shore with his wife and daughter.
Other lawyers in Wilmington, Delaware
- Pratcher, Samuel D. III - 5 views
- Dolan, William J. Jr. Esq. - 0 views
- Horner, Keith M. - 6 views
- DiLiberto, Richard A. Jr. - 6 views
- Wagoner, J. Merritt - 7 views
- Smith, L. Bryan - 2 views
- Butler, Algernon L. III - 5 views
- Heyden, Michael C. - 0 views
- Ramunno, L. Vincent Jr. - 0 views
- Ramunno, L. (Lee) Vincent - 10 views
Popular lawyers in Wilmington, Delaware
- Horner, Keith M. - 6 views
- Ellsworth-Aults, Jennifer Esq. - 5 views
- Butler, Algernon L. Jr. - 2 views
- Wagoner, J. Merritt - 7 views
- Lengkeek, Timothy E. - 3 views
- Henson, James Leighton - 2 views
- Polesky Margolin, Joelle E. - 10 views
- Fritz, Hunter E. - 7 views
- Ramunno, Lawrence A. - 12 views
- Ramunno, Louis Joseph - 3 views
Most rated lawyers in Wilmington, Delaware
- Rivenbark, Christina - 0 votes
- Dolan, William J. Jr. Esq. - 0 votes
- Foley Thomas A. - 0 votes
- Ellsworth-Aults, Jennifer Esq. - 0 votes
- Butler, Algernon L. III - 0 votes
- Fritz, Hunter E. - 0 votes
- White, Woody - 0 votes
- Janczyk, Peter - 0 votes
- Bennington, Maggie Senter - 0 votes
- Huff, J. Chris - 0 votes