Loehr, Robert M.
Address: 316 South Baylen Street, Pensacola, FL 32502
Lawyer Firm: Levin Papantonio
|Areas of Practice||Commercial Tort Litigation, Personal Injury, Wrongful Death Litigation, Products Liability|
Bobby Loehr received his bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Florida in 1981. He attended the University of Florida on a National Merit Scholarship, being selected from a pool of candidates who scored in the 99.5 percentile on both the PSAT and SAT exams. He attended Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C., where he was named to the Dean’s list. He then practiced psychology for several years, returning to the University of Florida and receiving his Juris Doctorate degree in 1986.
He is licensed to practice law before all Florida state courts, and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeal for the Eleventh Circuit.
Mr. Loehr is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, the American Bar Association, the Florida Bar Association and the Escambia/Santa Rosa County Bar Association. Mr. Loehr limits his practice to personal injury/wrongful death litigation, including products liability and commercial tort litigation.
Loehr has obtained numerous million dollar jury verdicts in personal injury, medical malpractice, and commercial fraud cases. In 1994, at the request of Governor Lawton Chiles, Mr Loehr authored amendments to Florida’s Medicaid Recovery Act which paved the way for the states landmark lawsuit and multi-billion dollar settlement against the cigarette industry. The novel amendments withstood constitutional challanges at both the state and federal supreme courts, and contributed to drastic changes in the way cigarettes are marketed and sold, especially to youth. Mr. Loehr now devotes his practice to litigation against cigarette manufacturers, heading the firms tobacco litigation department. Along with partner Matt Schultz, Loehr enjoys an undefeated record in individual trials arising from the Engle class action, and recently argued the first such case to reach the appellate courts, a near 30 million dollar verdict in the Martin case. The First District Court of Appeal affirmed the verdict in a landmark decision.
Other lawyers in Pensacola, Florida
- Crawford, Christopher Ryan - 1 views
- Barr, Brian - 11 views
- Burns, James M. - 4 views
- Carroll, David A. - 6 views
- Thornburgh, Daniel - 7 views
- Geisler, E. Samuel - 8 views
- Peeler, R. Stan - 6 views
- Novotny, Galen M. - 4 views
- Stone, S. Scott - 4 views
- Early, R. Todd - 7 views
Popular lawyers in Pensacola, Florida
- Loehr, Robert M. - 7 views
- Bixby, Michael C. - 8 views
- Copeland, Scot B. - 7 views
- Spain, Adrianna M. - 8 views
- Wise, Gregory - 10 views
- Adams, Kimberly - 10 views
- Geisler, E. Samuel - 8 views
- Geeker, Van P - 20 views
- Gilmer, Rachael Raymon - 9 views
- Whibbs, J. Donovan - 10 views
Most rated lawyers in Pensacola, Florida
- Young, Charles P. - 0 votes
- Geeker, Van P - 0 votes
- White, Adam J - 0 votes
- Etheridge, Randall J. - 0 votes
- Baggett, Debra Renee Sherrer - 0 votes
- Fox, Sally B. - 0 votes
- Pittman, Geoffrey H. L. - 0 votes
- Whibbs, Gregory Michael Jr. - 0 votes
- Winn, Harlan Frank Jr. - 0 votes
- Crawford, Christopher Ryan - 0 votes