Lunn, Hon. Robert J.
Address: 2 State Street Suite 1000, Rochester, NY 14614
Lawyer Firm: Louis Cristo – Trevett Cristo P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Commercial, Mediation and Arbitration, Personal Injury Law|
The Honorable Robert J. Lunn received his Juris Doctor from Cornell Law School in 1974 and a B.A. in History from the University of Rochester in 1969. Justice Lunn served as an Assistant District Attorney for Monroe County in 1976 and 1977 and was in private practice through 1994 when he was elected to State Supreme Court.
Justice Lunn is a past member of the New York Pattern Jury Instructions Committee. He has lectured on trial matters for the New York State Bar Association and local bar associations. In his private practice and prior to being elected to the Supreme Court bench he had a general practice with an emphasis in personal injury litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants.
In August 2005, he was appointed by New York Governor Pataki to the Appellate Division, Second Department and in December, 2006 he was appointed by the Governor to the Appellate Division, Fourth Department.
Throughout his 14-year term, Justice Lunn was described as a caring, thoughtful and effective jurist, who earned high marks by the Bar Association for his knowledge of the law, judicial demeanor and thorough preparation. His decisions have been characterized as well-reasoned and timely. It was not uncommon for the Judge to receive unsolicited letters of praise from litigants and jurors who have spent time in his courtroom. He is a contributing author to three publications by Thomson Reuters (formerly West) and a bi-weekly columnist for the Daily Record.
He was the only candidate for Supreme Court in 2008 rated “highly qualified” by the Monroe County Bar Association, the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys and the Rochester Black Bar Association. Justice Lunn is involved in the community with frequent guest lectures to area bar associations and high schools, and is a member of the Boards of multiple charitable organizations.
Justice Lunn is presently a partner in the law firm of Trevett, Cristo, Salzer and Andolina, Suite 1000, 2 State Street, Rochester, N.Y. and has worked extensively in the area of mediation, consulting and arbitration.
Update Lunn, Hon. Robert J. information | View Google Map
Other lawyers in Rochester, New York
- Murphy, David L. Esq. - 4 views
- Brenna, Robert L. Jr. - 1 views
- Wolk, Melanie Slaughter - 1 views
- McCurdy, Kate Esq. - 38 views
- Ward, Robert T. - 7 views
- Ealy, David H. - 6 views
- Bird, Charles A. - 3 views
- Benner, Robert G. - 3 views
- Marchese, Daniel Joseph - 4 views
- Lapoff, Cindy Odell - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Rochester, New York
- Randisi, Andrew R. Esq., MBA - 28 views
- Braun, Tom R. - 8 views
- Gawlowicz, Esq., Joseph - 8 views
- Tunis, Brenton M. - 9 views
- Gifford, Annette M. - 8 views
- Lingle, Michael J. - 8 views
- Novack, André A.S. - 7 views
- Boese, Douglas A. - 9 views
- Cristo, Louis B. - 10 views
- Whalen, Sherri L - 8 views
Most rated lawyers in Rochester, New York
- Martella, Michael H. - 0 votes
- Gawlowicz, Joseph A. - 0 votes
- Harren, Michael T. - 0 votes
- Heuel, Daniel J. - 0 votes
- Stonelake-Hopkins, Kari C. - 0 votes
- McGeeney, James - 0 votes
- Arndt, Rachel A. - 0 votes
- Shefelbine, Tammy L. - 0 votes
- Miller, G. Michael - 0 votes
- Stevens, Jeremy R. - 0 votes