Major, George T. Jr.
Address: 218 West State Street, Savannah, GA 31401
Lawyer Firm: Oliver Maner LLP
|Areas of Practice||Litigation|
George T. Major, Jr. is a partner in the firm’s litigation department. Mr. Major concentrates his practice in the areas of plaintiff’s personal injury, wrongful death and products liability litigation and the defense of medical malpractice cases.
Mr. Major is a native of Savannah, GA. He attended the Georgia Institute of Technology, graduating in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science in Management with a Certificate in Accounting. While at Georgia Tech, Mr. Major was a member of the Georgia Tech Marching and basketball bands and a member of Kappa Kappa Psi Fraternity, serving as Vice-President in 2003. Upon earning his undergraduate degree, Mr. Major attended the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University where he received a Juris Doctor in 2008. While at Mercer, he also earned a Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research, and Drafting and was a member of the Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity.
Mr. Major is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Savannah Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division.
Mr. Major is the author of two articles published in the Georgia Defense Lawyer Association Journal. Mr. Major and Andrew M. Wilkes co-authored The Evolution of Georgia’s Tort Reform Legislation: Five Years after S.B. 3, in 2010. Mr. Major authored Daubert and Georgia’s Development of Expert Admissibility Standards, in 2011. Mr. Major also co-authored with I. Gregory Hodges and Daniel B. Snipes the article Federal Pleading Requirements: Post-Twombly and Iqbal, which was presented at the yearly meeting of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia Advisory Committee Meeting in 2011.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, Mr. Major was named by Atlanta Magazine as a Georgia Rising Star. The Rising Star list seeks to identify and honor lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice. Only 2.5% of the attorneys in Georgia are named to Rising Stars list each year. In 2012, Mr. Major was a special invitee to the U. S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia’s annual Advisory Committee meeting.
Mr. Major is a 2016 graduate of Leadership Savannah.
Update Major, George T. Jr. information | View Google Map
Other lawyers in Savannah, Georgia
- Bowman, D. Campbell Jr. - 3 views
- Hodges, I. Gregory - 7 views
- Giorgio, Douglas J. III - 45 views
- Carson, John - 2 views
- Donaldson, R. B. Jr. - 4 views
- Massee, Jacob D. - 10 views
- Williams, Wallace J. - 2 views
- Gathy, Kathryn T. - 32 views
- Duffy, Robert J. - 12 views
- Roberts, Timothy D. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Savannah, Georgia
- O’Connor, Patrick T. - 9 views
- Schivera, Bryan A. - 7 views
- Threlkeld, Paul H. - 7 views
- Pine, Jonah L. - 9 views
- Harper, D. Adam - 6 views
- Paul, Patricia Tanzer - 5 views
- Massee, Jacob D. - 10 views
- McIntire, Lianna G. - 7 views
- Wilson, L. Ty - 5 views
- Mullens, David Bobo III - 12 views
Most rated lawyers in Savannah, Georgia
- Suthers, John E. - 0 votes
- Lovett, R. Bates - 0 votes
- Phillips, Bobby - 0 votes
- Nelson Lanier, Barbara - 0 votes
- Carson, John - 0 votes
- Brewington, Katie A. - 0 votes
- Gerard, James P. - 0 votes
- Harper, D. Adam - 0 votes
- O’Connor, Patrick T. - 0 votes
- Fleming, Lynne M. - 0 votes