Address: 1919 M Street N.W. 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20036
Lawyer Firm: Harris Wiltshire & Grannis, LLP
|Areas of Practice||Communications|
Paul Margie is a partner with the law firm of Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP. Mr. Margie advises clients on telecommunications and Internet regulation, spectrum policy, transactions, equipment certification/compliance, accessibility regulation, and corporate foundations/CSR. His clients include wireless and wireline service providers, Internet service providers, equipment manufacturers, satellite companies, software companies, and international charities. Mr. Margie advises clients regarding the FCC, the courts, the Executive Branch, and foreign regulatory entities.
Mr. Margie has served in senior positions at the FCC and on Capitol Hill. He served as Legal Advisor to FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps, where he advised the Commissioner on wireless, satellite, spectrum, and international issues. Prior to his work at the FCC, Mr. Margie served first as Legislative Counsel and then as Senior Commerce Counsel for Senator John D. Rockefeller IV. He advised the Senator on telecommunications, Internet, science and technology, intellectual property, and economic development policy. Before joining Senator Rockefeller’s staff, he was an attorney at a Washington law firm.
Mr. Margie was also Senior Director for Technology Partnerships at the United Nations Foundation, a foundation created by Ted Turner’s $1 Billion gift to the UN. He directed a worldwide partnership with the Vodafone Group Foundation to use technology to advance mHealth and emergency-response communications.
Mr. Margie is a member of the U.S. Department of State’s Sub-Committee on International Disaster Response, of the Advisory Committee on International Communications and Information Policy (ACICIP), the U.S. Representative of Télécoms sans Frontières, and a member of the Board of Directors of DataDyne. He served as Co-Chair of the Advisory Committee for the 2012 World Radio communication Conference, Adjunct Professor at the Georgetown University Law Center teaching communications law (2002-2012), Co-Chair of the Federal Communications Bar Association’s Wireless Communications Committee (2009-2011), and Co-Chair of the Federal Communications Bar Association’s International Committee (2007-2009).
Mr. Margie received his law degree from the University of Chicago, with honors. He was the Editor-in-Chief of the University of Chicago Legal Forum. Mr. Margie received his B.A. from Haverford College, with honors. Chambers USA and US News and World Report/Best Lawyers both rank Mr. Margie as one of the nation’s leading telecommunications lawyers.
Other lawyers in Washington,
- Carter, Darrel B - 2 views
- Causseaux, Stephen K. Jr. - 6 views
- Taplin, Stephanie - 1 views
- Barber, Lowell C. - 7 views
- Adams, John M. - 4 views
- Green, Andrew P. - 9 views
- Becker, Andrew N. - 8 views
- Tuttle, Gerald G - 2 views
- McCandlis, Paula - 25 views
- Perkins, Dean Standish “Stan” - 4 views
Popular lawyers in Washington,
- Brillian, John H. - 26 views
- Bernabei, Lynne - 9 views
- Sifers, Randall W. - 9 views
- Siegwart , Kristan A. - 11 views
- Hunt, Cecil - 15 views
- Fredley, Steven A. - 8 views
- Young, Joanne - 12 views
- Renner, Richard R. - 11 views
- Kass, Brian L. - 17 views
- Shi, H. Henry - 14 views
Most rated lawyers in Washington,
- Davis, Mark D. - 0 votes
- Mitchell, Tami L. Esq - 0 votes
- Harrigan, Cecil C. II - 0 votes
- Kuntz, Mary E. - 0 votes
- Ladson, Damon C. - 0 votes
- O’Donnell, Patrick P. - 0 votes
- Crenshaw, Janina R. - 0 votes
- Shiao, Jonathan Chia Ying - 0 votes
- Bullock, Robert S. Esq., CELA, CAP - 0 votes
- Wood, Amanda L. - 0 votes