Mathews, Alvin E. Jr.
Address: 115 W. Main Street Fourth Floor, Columbus, OH 43215
Lawyer Firm: James E. Arnold & Associates, LPA
|Areas of Practice||Ethics & Professional Responsibility, Litigation, Business Litigation, Class Actions, Malpractice, Professional Licensure|
A former Assistant Disciplinary Counsel, Alvin E. Mathews, Jr., is recognized throughout Ohio as a lawyer’s lawyer who is called upon to represent law firms, in-house counsel at corporations and in government on a variety of professional responsibility matters, earning inclusion in Super Lawyers in the field of professional liability defense.
Because of his considerable experience and knowledge, Alvin has been asked to provide representation on literally hundreds of legal ethics advisory opinions, hundreds of lawyer discipline case investigations as a prosecutor and respondent’s counsel, including nearly 100 lawyer discipline trials, and more than 20 oral arguments in the Ohio Supreme Court.
Alvin has also provided representation on conflict of interest, client confidentiality, departing lawyers, ex-parte contact with employees, advertising and websites and IOLTA management and record-keeping. He advises and represents bar applicants regarding character and fitness interviews, panel hearings and Ohio Supreme Court proceedings. Alvin is frequently selected by litigators to serve as their expert witness on lawyer conduct questions. He has represented businesses and licensees before administrative agencies and in courts.
Alvin’s knowledge of ethics and professional responsibility is enhanced by the over 200 CLE seminar presentation he has taught and the many articles he has published to inform lawyers of their ethical responsibilities.
Prior to joining the firm, Alvin was a member of the Litigation group at Bricker & Eckler, LLP focusing on ethics and professional responsibility. Prior to joining Bricker, Alvin was a partner at Lane Alton & Horst, LLC focusing on legal ethics and legal malpractice litigation. Alvin’s public service includes: Assistant Disciplinary Counsel, Supreme Court of Ohio (1991-1997). He began his career as an Assistant Ohio Attorney General and as an Assistant County Prosecutor in Montgomery County Ohio.
Other lawyers in Columbus, Ohio
- Cole, Eric Russell - 2 views
- Manring, Daniel L. - 6 views
- Draheim, Chad Michael - 7 views
- Fisher, Mary Beth - 3 views
- Raiman, Laura A. - 2 views
- O’Connell, Thomas J. - 5 views
- Beausay, T. Jeffrey - 4 views
- Leeseberg, Gerald S. - 2 views
- Tuttle, Craig S. - 1 views
- Kranstuber, Carley R. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Columbus, Ohio
- Nolder, Steven S. - 8 views
- Gilbert, Stacy - 30 views
- Trimble, Thomas W. - 16 views
- Rancour, Olivia - 11 views
- Scott, Joseph E. - 9 views
- Borshchak, Dmitriy - 8 views
- Anstaett, Elizabeth L. - 9 views
- Auten, Anthony R. - 10 views
- Boroski, Marilee C. - 12 views
- Hanneman, James A. - 12 views