McIntosh, Jenifer S.
Address: 842 West South Boulder Road Suite 100, Louisville, CO 80027
Lawyer Firm: Thomas P. Howard, LLC
|Areas of Practice|
Jenifer is an experienced IP lawyer who has tried patent, trade secret, trademark, ITC and business tort claims as well as heading up the firm’s Data & Privacy practice. Jenifer is well known for approaching her clients’ issues creatively, strategically and passionately. She has experience in all stages of litigation, from initial, confidential investigations through mediation and trial. Jenifer’s practice also includes all things transactional, from IP risks associated with open source products to the impending impact of the GDRP, CCPA, Federal and Colorado privacy laws on her clients’ ability to do business at home and abroad.
Before her time here at Thomas P. Howard, Jenifer was in-house counsel for NYStaff Search, serving as both counsel to the CEO and DPO as changes in the online landscape proceeded to impact business and expansion considerations. Prior to her time in-house, Jenifer practiced in North Carolina, wrote legal articles for Bloomberg Legal, litigated extensively in New York for firms such a Greenberg Traurig, and clerked in the Eastern District of Texas.
Jenifer’s community and professional activities include her service on her children’s Elementary School PTA, membership in IAPP, as well as Mentor and Group Leader for the Colorado section of the IP Inn of Court.
Jenifer’s practice has included:
• Arbitration before the AAA in New York on a pharmaceutical licensing dispute between a Japanese manufacturer and its licensee in the United States; • Litigation for an HGH foreign manufacturer from a (former) 35 U.S.C. §146 Interference proceeding before the USPTO, to the appeal of that proceeding in the District Court before the Honorable Judge Sue Robinson, to its eventual appeal before the Federal Circuit;• Successfully enforcing trademarks for luxury goods, including watches, handbags and skin care;• Successfully enforcing trademarks for various consumer goods, including Pantene and Reynolds Wrap; • Successfully obtained summary judgement against trademark infringer for client in the PR and advertising space;• Advising clients on the impact of GDPR, CCPA and CO Data and Privacy laws (as well as GLBA & HIPAA) on data retention, protection, maintenance, reporting and compliance issues;• Successfully investigated, filed, argued and obtained ex-parte TRO’s against counterfeit good in both the C.D. and N.D. of California;• Initiated and guided large discovery projects for pharmaceutical, aviation, software, IT, data and medical device patent litigation; • Prosecution of a number of trademark applications and oppositions; • Branding initiatives and IP protection; • Copyright filings for art, literature and handbag designs; and • IP Assessment, including due diligence and transfer issues of IP assets in M&A, including open source software and sponsored research assets.
Other lawyers in Louisville, Kentucky
- Bolus, James M. Jr. - 6 views
- Bryant, Lisa Koch - 2 views
- Sampson, Jeffrey Thomas - 1 views
- Schell, Ivan J. - 6 views
- Armstrong, Bryan R. - 3 views
- Adams, Mac - 10 views
- Adams, Kevin - 10 views
- Juo, James - 10 views
- Wood, Ryan T. - 9 views
- Winner, Louis P. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Louisville, Kentucky
- Wilkinson, Kacie A. - 13 views
- Earl, Trevor L. - 12 views
- Arnold, Melissa A. - 14 views
- Schmidt, Patrick T. - 8 views
- Kennedy, Clay - 8 views
- Morris, Douglas H. II - 11 views
- Nu’Man, Felicia J. - 9 views
- Augustus, Michael A. - 8 views
- Adams, Kevin - 10 views
- Stanton, Jordan A. - 29 views