Melton, Scott L.
Address: 300 9Th Street, Conway, PA 15027
Lawyer Firm: Scott L. Melton, Attorney at Law
|Areas of Practice||Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle, Nursing Home Neglect, Wrongful Death, Products Liability, Premises Liability, Podiatry Malpractice, Dog Attack, Assault, Drunk Driving, Federal Tort Claims, Emotional Distress, Food Poisoning, Personal Injury, Dental Malpractice, Federal Civil Rights, Vaccine Injury, First Amendment Law|
Attorney Scott L. Melton has over 30 years of extensive trial experience in areas of medical malpractice, wrongful death and personal injury.
Attorney Melton has been selected to:
The Best Lawyers in America (1993-2011, inclusive)Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (Medical Malpractice, 2004, 2010)Pittsburgh Magazine’s "Best Lawyers" (2006-2009, inclusive)Pittsburgh’s Best Lawyers (2010, 2011)
He has been invited to lecture other attorneys on Medical Malpractice topics at locations across Pennsylvania. He has lectured to state and local bar associations, the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers and the Pennsylvania Association for Justice.
He has also been invited to judge the oral arguments of the law students in the nationally acclaimed Duquesne University School of Law Legal Research and Writing Program.
Attorney Melton’s current professional memberships include: Beaver County Bar Association (past president), Allegheny County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association (Medical-Legal Committee, 1987) and American Bar Association. He is actively involved in the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (member, Board of Governors, Western District, 2009-2011), Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association (member, Board of Governors, 1998-2000), Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers, and American Association for Justice. He had been a four year member of the American Inns of Court. He is a member of the International Society of Barristers, an invitation only group of trial lawyers chosen from the United States, Canada, U.S. Virgin Islands, Mexico, England, Ireland, Scotland, Australia and New Zealand.
For over 30 years Attorney Melton has maintained and managed a Beaver County office. He is proud to have won some of the largest plaintiff medical malpractice verdicts in Beaver County. He has also litigated cases in federal court and in many Western and Central Pennsylvania counties including: Allegheny, Beaver, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Centre, Crawford, Erie, Fayette, Lawrence, Mercer, Warren, Washington, Westmoreland and York. He has also been specially admitted in the federal and state courts of Ohio in medical malpractice and personal injury cases.
Attorney Melton graduated from Bowling Green State University in 1974 and received his law degree from Duquesne University School of Law in 1977. He resides in Moon Township with his wife Angela, who is also an attorney, and their four children.
Community Involvement: Chairman, Moon Township Planning Commission Member, Moon Township Planning Commission Board of Directors, Alliance for Consumer Protection (2009-2010)
Solicitorships: Former solicitor, Borough of Bridgewater Former solicitor, Bridgewater Municipal Authority Former solicitor, Conway Municipal Authority
Update Melton, Scott L. information | View Google Map
Other lawyers in Conway, Pennsylvania
- Hyman, Benjamin “Alex” - 5 views
- Young, James T. - 0 views
- Johnson, Roger D. - 5 views
- Hyman, Michael Travis - 5 views
- Battle, Michael W. - 4 views
- Richardson, Elizabeth Lee Haney - 3 views
- Martin , Mary Ashley - 14 views
- Richardson, Brad C. - 1 views
- Knowles, Melinda - 2 views
- Burroughs, Joseph O. Jr. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Conway, Pennsylvania
- Rippy, “Chris” Jeffery Christopher - 6 views
- Sligh, Kathryn H. - 3 views
- Shaw, Kristie C. - 7 views
- Battle II, James R. - 2 views
- Martin, L. Morgan - 0 views
- Sanders, Landon T. - 1 views
- Derrick, Dirk J. - 6 views
- Young, James T. - 0 views
- Hyman, Jordan Wales - 5 views
- Melton, Scott L. - 5 views
Most rated lawyers in Conway, Pennsylvania
- Battle, Michael W. - 0 votes
- Derrick, Dirk J. - 0 votes
- Battle, M. Kirk - 0 votes
- Battle II, James R. - 0 votes
- Sanders, Landon T. - 0 votes
- Martin, L. Morgan - 0 votes
- Shaw, Kristie C. - 0 votes
- Burroughs, Joseph O. Jr. - 0 votes
- Knowles, Melinda - 0 votes
- Sligh, Kathryn H. - 0 votes