Miller, Alan S.
Address: Three Gateway Center 401 Liberty Ave. 22nd Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Lawyer Firm: Houston Harbaugh, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Litigation, Environmental and Energy Law, Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Law|
Alan has more than thirty years of experience in complex litigation and counseling, concentrating in the areas of environmental law, insurance coverage and bad faith, and commercial litigation. He is chair of the firm’s Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation practice and co-chairs the Environmental and Energy Law practice. He has represented business clients, insurance companies and individuals in significant disputes involving insurance coverage, environmental contamination and regulatory compliance, professional errors and omissions of insurance brokers and accountants, and commercial disputes involving trade secrets and contracts.
His environmental law practice has involved municipal, residual, and hazardous waste permitting and compliance, contribution and cost recovery actions under CERCLA and related state statutes, natural resource damages, contamination from leaking underground storage tanks, air and water pollution regulatory enforcement actions, oil and gas drilling compliance and transactions, and real estate transactions involving contaminated and recycled industrial sites.
His insurance law practice involves representing insurance companies in a wide array of coverage disputes, both before litigation and in court, arising out of commercial, property and personal lines policies, including disputes over coverage for claims involving construction defects, exposure to toxic substances, product defects, infringement of intellectual property rights and violations of consumer protection laws.
Alan is a former trial attorney with the Environmental Enforcement Section, United States Department of Justice, and Assistant Counsel with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Resources. He is a frequent lecturer, course planner and author of materials for continuing legal education courses in the areas of environmental law and insurance coverage.
Other lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- DelVecchio, Brian - 5 views
- Morrow, John S. Jr. Esq. - 5 views
- Acheson, Amy - 14 views
- Fasulo, David J. - 3 views
- Coleman, Craig E. - 9 views
- Wettach, Thomas C. - 4 views
- Murphy, Howard F. - 3 views
- Sammel, Daniel Joseph - 5 views
- Soilis, Fred C. - 7 views
- Parker, Elizabeth A. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Ainsman, David Ira - 12 views
- Diaz, Carlos R. - 13 views
- Dornish, Bradley S. Esquire - 10 views
- Schwarzwaelder, Arthur (Art) - 11 views
- Flaherty, Brandy - 51 views
- Freed, Michael R. - 14 views
- Ricciuti, Randall T. - 10 views
- Pahuta, Nicholas - 9 views
- Farber, Alan I. - 9 views
- Dumnich, John G. - 11 views
Most rated lawyers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Sammel, Daniel Joseph - 0 votes
- Gross, Carol Sikov Esquire, CELA - 0 votes
- McGowan, David A. - 0 votes
- Musial, Megan - 0 votes
- DelVecchio, Brian - 0 votes
- Calderwood, Gail C. Esq. - 0 votes
- Miller, Christopher M. - 0 votes
- Gale, Christine - 0 votes
- Harbaugh, Gregory A. - 0 votes
- Abes, Eric D. - 0 votes