Address: 3440 Toringdon Way Suite 205, Charlotte, NC 28277
Lawyer Firm: Jake Modla Law, PLLC
|Areas of Practice||Employment Law-representing employees 100% of the time|
Before founding Jake Modla Law, PLLC in 2016, Jake Modla practiced management side labor and employment law for 25 years in Charlotte. Between 1990 and 2004, he was a lawyer and shareholder with Haynsworth Baldwin Johnson and Greaves, as well as the Ogletree Deakins law firm. During this time period, he provided counseling and litigation services to organizations on multiple employment/labor issues including discrimination claims, wage and hour matters, civil rights issues, as well as drafting employment policies and handbooks and conducting training and seminars on employment related topics. He defended employers in federal, state and appellate courts. Jake also appeared before the United States Supreme Court in an age discrimination case: O’Connor v. Consolidated Coin Caterers Corporation.
In 2004, Jake joined Fortune 500 retailer Family Dollar Stores, where he was employed for 8 years. While with Family Dollar, he served as Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Assistant Secretary in the organizations Legal Department. Jake ended his career with Family Dollar by serving two years in the Human Resources Department as Vice President HR Operations and Supply Chain.
Between 2013 and 2015, Jake was a lawyer and shareholder with Littler Mendelson in their Charlotte office. Littler is the largest employment and labor law firm in the world, with more than 1000 lawyers and 70 offices. With Littler, he defended employers in litigation in federal court as well as provided organizations with advice in the areas of corporate compliance, wage and hour, labor management relations and discrimination and harassment claims.
Jake’s legal career not only includes counseling and handling single employee matters; he has also litigated and managed class and collective action claims.These class and collective actions have covered thousands of employees and included claims of gender discrimination as well as various wage and hour issues, including failure to pay overtime and working off the clock.
With the founding of Jake Modla Law, PLLC, Jake now puts his knowledge and experience to work helping employees and workers who have been the victims of discrimination, sexual harassment, wage theft and other workplace misconduct. Armed with his 25 years of experience and knowledge of employers/corporations and the defense firms and insurance companies that represent them, Jake Modla is here to help employees and workers with their employment law problems.
Other lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Buckingham, Chad M. - 5 views
- Acton, William D. Jr. (Bill Acton) - 0 views
- McGrath, Jason A. - 6 views
- Rowe, Evan R. - 4 views
- Omole, Morenike - 2 views
- Pardo, Jorge Ivan - 4 views
- Metaxatos , Evan - 9 views
- Ross, Christopher - 4 views
- Toledo-Hermina, Mariana - 5 views
- Raab, Christopher P. - 6 views
Popular lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Berger, Hal - 9 views
- Scheer, Anthony G. - 12 views
- Parton, Corey V. - 8 views
- Ayres, Charles H. Esq. - 9 views
- Adler, Derek P. - 12 views
- Modla, Jake - 11 views
- Nodar, Danielle - 8 views
- Angles, Erika N. - 29 views
- Hunter, Valerie - 8 views
- Jackson, Gary W. - 8 views
Most rated lawyers in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Ayers, Christian Ross - 1 votes
- Acton, William D. Jr. (Bill Acton) - 0 votes
- Primiano, Toni - 0 votes
- Toledo-Hermina, Mariana - 0 votes
- Jackson, Gary W. - 0 votes
- Skufca, Ronald A. - 0 votes
- Rawls, Eben T. III - 0 votes
- Maddox, Jeremy - 0 votes
- Marcellino, Matthew T. - 0 votes
- Godfrey, Lisa G. - 0 votes