Address: 440 Louisiana Street Suite 1600, Houston, TX 77002
Lawyer Firm: Clark, Love & Hutson, GP
|Areas of Practice||Products Liability|
W. Michael Moreland represents individuals that have been injured by pharmaceuticals and medical devices. His practice is national, and includes extensive work in complex and multi-district litigation, as well as work in state courts from California to Pennsylvania.
In November of 2014, Mike helped obtain a jury verdict on behalf of four women for $18,500,000 in MDL No. 2326, In Re Boston Scientific Corp., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation. Jacquelyn Tyree, et al. v. Boston Scientific Corp., 2:12-cv-08633, United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. These cases were designated by Judge Goodwin, who is currently overseeing MDL No. 2326 in the Southern District of West Virginia, to be the first consolidation of cases to be tried involving Boston Scientific Corporation’s ObtryxTM Transobturator Mid-Urethral Sling System. More recently, Mike helped try a case involving Boston Scientific’s Pinnacle® Pelvic Floor Repair Mesh Kit in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
In 2015, Mike received a rating of "AV Preeminent" from the national Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating Service. The "AV" rating is the highest possible rating, and is a "testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Less than 5% of all lawyers in the United States have received this high rating.
Mike is licensed to practice in all Texas courts, including the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western federal district courts. His practice is national and includes extensive work in federal courts in West Virginia, California and Pennsylvania. His national practice in state courts includes work in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Arkansas, California, Missouri, and Oklahoma, in addition to Texas. He is a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, and the Houston Bar Association.
Mike studied Economics at Vanderbilt University and participated in a number of charitable endeavors, including serving as Co-Chair of the Vanderbilt Chapter of Habitat for Humanity. He went on to receive a juris doctor from the University of Houston Law Center, where he was a recipient of the Dean’s Public Interest Fellowship.
Other lawyers in Houston, Texas
- White, Thomas W. Jr. - 7 views
- Daniels, Heather - 7 views
- Beaty, D.J. - 23 views
- Miller, Sean M. - 8 views
- Mahadass, Raj - 7 views
- West, Sue E. - 3 views
- Davis, John A. Jr. - 4 views
- Robinson, Jared S. - 5 views
- Markle, Spencer G. - 6 views
- Argento, Charles J. - 3 views
Popular lawyers in Houston, Texas
- Nakamoto, Joanna Madengerang - 21 views
- Satagaj, Jennifer Wright - 20 views
- Farias, Karleana L. - 59 views
- Cook, Myesha - 25 views
- Foley, James H. - 30 views
- Sepulveda, Stephanie - 20 views
- Reed, Andrew - 20 views
- Hartdegen, Nanette - 14 views
- Haston, Craig - 14 views
- Vultaggio Gerdes, Sarah - 13 views
Most rated lawyers in Houston, Texas
- Sadegh, David J. - 2 votes
- Farias, Karleana L. - 1 votes
- Cromeens, Karalynn - 0 votes
- Robertson, C. Brannon - 0 votes
- Hurst, Lauren Antoinette - 0 votes
- Weiner, Anthony David - 0 votes
- Wells, Jennifer Palmer - 0 votes
- Solomon, Mark S., Ph.D. - 0 votes
- Walton, Larry P. - 0 votes
- Gonzalez, Marco - 0 votes