Address: 2525 West 26th Street Suite 200, Erie, PA 16506
Lawyer Firm: Purchase, George & Murphey, P.C.
|Areas of Practice||Personal Injury – General, Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents, Medical Malpractice & Nursing Home Negligence, Commercial Civil Litigation: Business Disputes, Insurance Bad Faith|
Craig Murphey has been a trial lawyer for over 25 years. Before joining our team, Craig was a partner in one of Erie’s largest law firms, where he concentrated his practice on defending personal injury cases – especially car, truck and motorcycle accident lawsuits involving deaths or catastrophic injuries.
Over the years, Craig has also represented and advised insurance carriers in numerous types of claims involving automobile, homeowner’s, or commercial general liability policies. He has also handled many cases that have shaped Pennsylvania auto insurance law, especially in the arena of uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage.
Craig also has much experience with insurance bad faith cases. He has represented and counseled both insurance companies and policyholders in bad faith claims, ever since the Pennsylvania bad faith claim handling statute was enacted in 1990.
With Purchase George & Murphey, P.C., Craig will use his education and experience to help accident victims, policyholders and other insureds in all types of personal injury, property damage, bad faith and other insurance claims. In addition, he will protect the interests of those suffering from injury or medical mistakes and represent companies and individuals in a wide variety of business disputes.
Craig has been honored by his peers and clients as an outstanding lawyer and leader. He is currently the President of the Erie County Bar Association. He was formerly President of the Pennsylvania Defense Institute, an organization comprised of leading insurance defense lawyers and insurance claim executives.
He has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© every year since 2012 and as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer every year since 2011. The Pennsylvania Super Lawyers designation is awarded to only the top 5% of all Pennsylvania attorneys following a selection process that includes peer nominations, an evaluation of professional achievement, and independent research of the candidates. Craig has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© as the 2017 Pittsburgh region "Lawyer of the Year" for Personal Injury-Defense. This is quite an honor — Best Lawyers© honors only one lawyer in each practice area and region as "Lawyer of the Year."
Other lawyers in Erie, Pennsylvania
- Heidt, Gregory L. Esquire - 2 views
- Sandmeyer, Bruce G. - 3 views
- Bolla, Lawrence C. - 5 views
- Kuntz III, Darrell W. - 0 views
- Purchase, Eric J. - 1 views
- Kruszewski, Michael P. - 1 views
- Fessler, John B. - 5 views
- Schmidt, Andrew M. - 2 views
- Skiba, Gary V. - 4 views
- Kroto, Frank L. Jr. - 1 views
Popular lawyers in Erie, Pennsylvania
- Weichler, William P. - 7 views
- Kroto, Frank L. Jr. - 1 views
- Snavely, Joel M. - 4 views
- Martinucci, Arthur D. - 3 views
- Taylor, Garrett A. Esq. - 1 views
- Ruth, Richard T. - 3 views
- Jorden, William T. - 4 views
- Friedman, Philip B. - 3 views
- Riley, Steven E. “Tim” Jr. - 2 views
- Toohey, James F. - 8 views
Most rated lawyers in Erie, Pennsylvania
- Bolla, Lawrence C. - 1 votes
- Kroto, Frank L. Jr. - 0 votes
- Vilushis, Chad J. - 0 votes
- Stumpf, Colleen R. - 0 votes
- Quinn, John M. Jr. - 0 votes
- Heidt, Gregory L. Esquire - 0 votes
- McCormick, Douglas G - 0 votes
- Weichler, William P. - 0 votes
- George, J. Timothy (Tim) - 0 votes
- Burroughs, Paul F. - 0 votes