Address: 767 Third Avenue, 30th Floor, New York, NY 10017
Lawyer Firm: Kaufmann Gildin & Robbins LLP
|Areas of Practice||Franchising, Licensing and Distribution, General Corporate Matters and Business Counseling, Commercial Transactions|
Mrs. Murray-Bertrand has diverse and extensive experience in corporate and commercial law, but primarily concentrates her practice in the area of franchise, distribution and licensing. As part of her franchise law practice, Mrs. Murray-Bertrand counsels and represents foreign and domestic startup and mature companies in the structure and development of their franchise programs; drafts franchise agreements, multi-unit development agreements, and disclosure documents; procures the registration of franchise disclosure documents; and, counsels franchisors on a myriad of transactional issues.
Mrs. Murray-Bertrand also has broad experience in general corporate law matters, including mergers and acquisitions; private placement offerings; business entity formation and governance; and private equity. She has drafted and negotiated a variety of commercial contracts, such as, trademark license agreements, software license agreements, confidentiality agreements, and consulting agreements.
Mrs. Murray-Bertrand has published several franchise-related articles in The Franchise Law Review; The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Franchise; and the Franchise Business Review. She has co-authored "United States Chapter" Franchise Law Review (2015); "USA Chapter" International Comparative Legal Guide to: Franchise 2017 (2016); "United States Chapter" Franchise Law Review (2016); "United States Chapter" Franchise Law Review (2017); and "Reviewing and Assessing the Franchise Disclosure Document" Franchise Business Review (2017).
Mrs. Murray-Bertrand is a member of the New York State bar and has been engaged in private practice since 2006. She received her Juris Doctor from New York Law School, where she graduated magna cum laude and was Associate Editor of Law Review and a Justice Harlan Scholar, and she received her Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from Syracuse University.
Other lawyers in New York City, New York
- Grubin, John F. - 2 views
- Rigelhaupt, Peter D. - 5 views
- Berger, Neil - 8 views
- Chowlera, Parth N. - 8 views
- Giger, Matthew H. - 4 views
- Kaiser, William H. - 4 views
- Bellifemine, Thomas - 1 views
- Teitelbaum, Robert J. - 2 views
- Alexander, Elizabeth A. - 1 views
- Grant, Jonas M. - 2 views
Popular lawyers in New York City, New York
- Soroka, Mark Steven - 20 views
- Dutka, Aris E. L. - 26 views
- Scher, David L. - 34 views
- Plosky, Robert Scott - 32 views
- Davidov, Laura - 63 views
- MacArthur, Seth J Esq. - 38 views
- Grant, Yannick - 28 views
- Cantanno, James E. - 37 views
- Mendelberg, Gabriel - 68 views
- Fierst, Timothy J. - 99 views