Pearlman, David T.
Address: 61 Broad Street, Charleston, SC 29401
Lawyer Firm: Steinberg Law Firm
|Areas of Practice||Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury|
Born and having lived in Charleston all his life, David Pearlman has spent his entire life observing the dignity and respect of the law. David’s father, the Honorable Gus H. Pearlman, was Probate Judge for Charleston County for 35 years. “He taught me that everybody deserves respect, dignity, and equal justice no matter their background.” David Pearlman has spent his entire career trying to ensure that “justice for all” means just that.
While in college at University of Georgia and at George Washington University, David marched for civil and workers’ rights. After obtaining his law degree from the University of South Carolina Law School, he joined the Steinberg Law Firm in 1976. He then became a partner in 1980.
“Irving Steinberg founded the firm to help the working people of South Carolina,” he says, “It’s always been a perfect place for me to practice law.”
David has been a member of the South Carolina Bar for more than 40 years. He has won landmark cases before the South Carolina Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court. He has been credited with successful victories protecting working people against some of the country’s largest corporations.
David has lectured and served on numerous committees devoted to workers’ rights, including serving as Legislative Chairperson for South Carolina Injured Workers’ Advocates (IWA) for the last 12 years. He is a past recipient of the Gedney M. Howe Jr. Award for Outstanding Public Service. David previously served as an adjunct professor of Workers’ Compensation Law at the Charleston School of Law for 2 years. He is a 2011 and 2017 honorable recipient of the Leadership in Law by Lawyers Weekly. For over a decade, he has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America and respectably nominated by his peers as Super Lawyers year after year. Pearlman holds the highest professional and ethical rating (AV) in Martindale-Hubbell, a legal directory. Not only is David highly respected by peers, but he is deeply loved by his staff because of his character and passion to help people. His passion and heart for people is why he is the right lawyer for you.
David and his wife, Janet of 39 years, live on Sullivan’s Island and have two children. He is proud to say his daughter is a lawyer in Chicago, IL and his son is a lawyer in New York, NY.
First Year Recognized in Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants: 2011 / Recognized in Best Lawyers since 2005-06
Other lawyers in Charleston, West Virginia
- Peterson, James C. - 10 views
- Stevens, Jason S. - 2 views
- Vyborny, David - 2 views
- Slicer, William R. - 1 views
- Rakers, K. Lindsay - 3 views
- Alfreds, Kelly M. - 0 views
- Schaefer, Natalie C. Esq. - 4 views
- Spencer, Douglas A. - 4 views
- Nortz, Anthony E. - 5 views
- Bee, C. Michael - 2 views
Popular lawyers in Charleston, West Virginia
- Frampton, Paul L. Jr. - 9 views
- Peterson, James C. - 10 views
- Warner, Boyd L. - 10 views
- Polak, John J. - 6 views
- Pearlman, David T. - 11 views
- Ping, James R. II - 7 views
- Cyrus, Dwayne E. - 6 views
- Hill, R. Edison - 7 views
- Zinn, Michael J. - 7 views
- Young, Adam D. - 6 views
Most rated lawyers in Charleston, West Virginia
- Sword, Philip B. - 0 votes
- Humphreys, James F. - 0 votes
- Woollen, Sarah J. - 0 votes
- Taylor, Shawn A. - 0 votes
- Griffith, Truman Esq. - 0 votes
- Ranson Stonestreet, Brittany - 0 votes
- Negley, Christopher D - 0 votes
- Stevens, Jason S. - 0 votes
- Maybank, Roy Pearce - 0 votes
- Wawrzynek, Angelica W. - 0 votes