Pohorelsky, John R.
Address: 901 Lake Shore Dr. Ste. 900, Lake Charles, LA 70601
Lawyer Firm: Scofield, Gerard, Pohorelsky, Gallaugher & Landry
|Areas of Practice||General and commercial litigation and transactions, Litigation strategy in construction, industry and business matters|
John joined the firm in 1984 and is the managing member. He represents clients in general and commercial litigation and transactions and advises clients with respect to litigation strategy in construction, industry and business matters.
John has particular experience in cases involving architectural and design issues, construction defects, and large-scale property damage.
He also has extensive experience representing international, national and local landowners, timber companies, developers, investors and lenders in small and multi-million dollar acquisitions, sales, leases and financings (involving timberlands, industrial plant sites, retail subdivision developments, residential developments, hotels and restaurants).
Counsel to the Creative Casinos, LLC and its successor in interest, Ameristar Casinos, Inc., in reference to the negotiation and acquisition of a 243 acre leasehold for a new $500 million casino, golf course and 700 room hotel resort complex, addressing title, zoning, development and construction issues, as well as the negotiation of development and tax-sharing agreements with local authorities, and agreements with a neighboring competitor and other landowners.Lead counsel overseeing the issuance of title policies for more than 750,000 acres of timberland and four timber mills at a value in excess of $1billion. The resulting timberland sale is reported to be among the largest, if not the largest, in the history of the United States. The firm coordinated the ten parish (county) title research and issued title commitments in less than four months with the use of its own copyrighted, web-based database. Although the database was created specifically for the project, it was designed to handle any other project of larger or smaller proportionsSuccessful representation at trial and through settlement negotiations of an offshore supply boat company in brown water maritime litigationSuccessful representation at trial and through settlement negotiations of architects and designers throughout the State of LouisianaSuccessful representation at trial and through settlement negotiations of an industrial equipment manufacturer (drilling and work-over rigs; compressors, etc.) throughout the State of Louisiana Successful defense of major oil companies in various lawsuits involving claims of millions of dollars in damages to coastal wetlands in Terrebonne and Cameron Parishes Lead counsel to a national timber company in the acquisition of several thousand acres of timberland in North Louisiana Counsel to national, regional and local commercial developers of hotels, retail centers, retail stores, restaurants, theaters, apartment complexes, residential and office park subdivisions.
Other lawyers in Lake Charles, Louisiana
- LaCombe, Christopher S. - 12 views
- Landry, Robert E. - 5 views
- Lundy, Hunter W. - 6 views
- Crawford, Andrea - 2 views
- Johnson, Johnathan - 3 views
- Townsley, Todd Alan - 3 views
- Roach, Barry A. - 10 views
- Van Norman, John L. III - 1 views
- Gallaugher, Patrick D. Jr. - 1 views
- Middleton, Sage - 11 views
Popular lawyers in Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Beard, Damon Louis - 4 views
- Gayle, Thomas John - 5 views
- Nieset, James R. - 6 views
- Scofield, John B. - 10 views
- Hunter, Rebecca Jacobs - 4 views
- Hodgkins, Michael Glenn - 6 views
- Lundy, Matthew E. - 6 views
- Howay, Candace P. - 8 views
- Scofield, Scott J. - 11 views
- Taylor, Jordan Zachary - 7 views
Most rated lawyers in Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Devilbiss, Phillip Wade - 0 votes
- Cole, Jeffrey M. - 0 votes
- Morales, Justin Todd - 0 votes
- Johnson, Terry J. - 0 votes
- Musso, Charles V. Jr. - 0 votes
- Johnson, Adam - 0 votes
- Roach, Larry A. Jr. - 0 votes
- Soileau, Rudie R. Jr. - 0 votes
- Hodgkins, Michael Glenn - 0 votes
- Van Norman, John L. III - 0 votes